Closing hasjisj cafe's

• Thread starter Monique
  • Start date

Monique

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
This is funny news I heard from over-sees: there are about 300 cafe's (bars) in Amsterdam that sell soft-drugs and alcohol, but that has been illegal for about five years so the government has finally decided to encourage the closure of those locations. I thought: they changed their drug policy?

It is, however, only illegal to sell both at the SAME location, while it is still perfectly legal to have a bar to sell the softdrugs and have a bar next door to sell the alcohol :P weird

BoulderHead

I prefer a milk-bar...

"The Korova milkbar sold milk-plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence."

Last edited by a moderator:

damgo

I thought this was funny too -- http://www.thescotsman.co.uk/international.cfm?id=599302003 [Broken] -- people will have to take their marijuana outside to spare others from exposed to secondhand smoke....

Last edited by a moderator:

Monique

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Ha, I didn't even know that :P
that is funny thought :)

jb

Re: I prefer a milk-bar...

Originally posted by BoulderHead
"The Korova milkbar sold milk-plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence."
isn't that from Clockwork Orange?

If I recall "A Clockwork Orange" properly, the milk was laced with, well the substance/drug of choice of the people in the eighties, sniff-sniff, that's why the 'violent tendancies', a strong stimulant that stuff is.

(stimulates the production of dopamine, if I remember that properly too)