Cluck Cluck Boom: Secret Plan to Build Nuclear Landmine Unveiled

• Thread starter matthyaouw
  • Start date
In summary, a once secret plan to build a nuclear landmine, codenamed 'Blue Peacock', has been put on public display at The National Archives. The bomb was to be kept warm by live chickens inside the casing, but concerns were raised about their well-being. Despite this, the project was explored and is now being exhibited.
matthyaouw
Gold Member
A once secret plan to build a nuclear landmine 'run' by live chickens has gone on public display for the first time at The National Archives, Kew, as part of the acclaimed Secret State Exhibition.

Scientists working on the project realized that the bomb could fail in winter if vital components become too cold, so they explored ways of keeping the inner workings warm. One proposal put forward consisted of filling the casing of the nuke with live chickens, who would give off sufficient heat, prior to suffocating or starving to death, to keep the delicate explosive mechanism from freezing. Despite the potential importance of chickens to the project, the mine was codenamed 'Blue Peacock'.
http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/news/stories/21.htm

A little close to April fool's day for my liking, but National Archives insist it isn't a hoax.

I'll bet that someone read this and thought "oh those poor chickens!"

Physics news on Phys.org
So the bomb goes off and we get pummled with fryed chicken? That should sting a bit eh?

I'm more concerned about the cereal grains for the chickens. Like bullets they'd be.

1. What is "Cluck Cluck Boom: Secret Plan to Build Nuclear Landmine Unveiled"?

"Cluck Cluck Boom: Secret Plan to Build Nuclear Landmine Unveiled" is a book that details the fictional story of a group of scientists who discover a secret plan to build a nuclear landmine. It is not a real plan or project, but rather a work of fiction.

2. Who wrote "Cluck Cluck Boom: Secret Plan to Build Nuclear Landmine Unveiled"?

The author of "Cluck Cluck Boom: Secret Plan to Build Nuclear Landmine Unveiled" is not specified, as it is a fictional work. It is likely written by a fictional character within the story.

3. Is "Cluck Cluck Boom: Secret Plan to Build Nuclear Landmine Unveiled" based on real events?

No, "Cluck Cluck Boom: Secret Plan to Build Nuclear Landmine Unveiled" is a work of fiction and is not based on real events or plans.

4. What is the purpose of the nuclear landmine in "Cluck Cluck Boom: Secret Plan to Build Nuclear Landmine Unveiled"?

The purpose of the nuclear landmine in the story is to serve as a weapon of mass destruction, capable of causing significant damage and destruction if detonated.

5. Are there any real risks associated with the nuclear landmine in "Cluck Cluck Boom: Secret Plan to Build Nuclear Landmine Unveiled"?

No, as "Cluck Cluck Boom: Secret Plan to Build Nuclear Landmine Unveiled" is a work of fiction, there are no real risks associated with the nuclear landmine described in the story.