Why did this CNN weatherman have a meltdown during Hurricane Katrina coverage?

• Thread starter Math Is Hard
  • Start date
In summary, CNN Weatherman Freaks: The reporter who was interviewing Chad Myers during Hurricane Katrina lost his cool, screaming at him and throwing her "papers" down.
Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
CNN Weatherman Freaks

Hurricane Katrina is certainly causing a lot of crazy TV.

He screams: "Let me talk Carol!"

Chad then throws his "papers" down. I think he needs a time out

videos at: http://www.crooksandliars.com/
(scroll down to CNN Weatherman Freaks)

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I love it when news people lose their cool. :rofl:

We saw that! :rofl:

She handled it well; simply commenting that nerves are frayed or something similar.

I couldn't believe it. He really lost it!

OMG that was so funny!

:rofl: I loved the comment about his own beach house on the Florida coast. He was "missed" by the hurricanes...yes, for this year he was. This man is absolutely cold, as if the residents of New Orleans should be held responsible for this hurricane. Whatever happened to the unity of our country?

Yes I watched the Fred Barnes round table discussion too... I don't know, I think with thousands of hours of broadcasting, people are bound to slip up now and then.

But back to the weatherman, I woulda slapped the crap outta her nagging mouth if she talked to me like that lol...

Chad Myers is usually cool.

I'd totally curse if I was the weatherman at 'Carol'. I mean gee wiz, don't you need a college degree to work as a newsman these days? You can't be that stupid!

Drat, I can't find any pictures or video. Last year during Charely, there was this one local reporter out in the storm who was going crazy, being blown all over the place, soaked to the bone, a palm tree fell and almost crushed him, etc. And the whole time he kept talking about his stupid safety goggles! You know, goggles to keep water and such out of your eyes, as you wear in a pool. He's being blown across the parking lot, but "it's a good thing I have my safety goggles on!" Every five minutes - "These goggles are keeping the rain out my eyes... good thing I have my goggles on..." :rofl: He wore the goggles for Frances too. :rofl:
Okay, I found one picture of him during Charley. You can't see the goggles from here, but trust me, he's wearing them!
http://www.baynews9.com/images/news/2004/8/13/al1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

What happened to the CNN weatherman?

The CNN weatherman had a outburst on live television, which caused him to abruptly leave the broadcast.

Why did the CNN weatherman have a hissyfit?

The exact reason for the weatherman's outburst is unknown, but it is believed that he was frustrated with technical difficulties or miscommunication with the producers.

What was the reaction to the CNN weatherman's hissyfit?

The reaction to the weatherman's outburst was mixed, with some viewers finding it entertaining and others finding it unprofessional.

Did the CNN weatherman face any consequences for his actions?

It is unclear if the weatherman faced any consequences for his actions. Some sources claim that he was suspended, while others say he apologized and continued with his job as usual.

Has the CNN weatherman had a hissyfit before?

There have been no reports of the CNN weatherman having a hissyfit before this incident. However, there have been instances of other news anchors or reporters having similar outbursts on live television.