CNN's Alien believers among us

You don't know if invisible unicorns are here either. And there are highly 'credible' people who will swear before Congress that Jesus is gonna return to Earth in the next 50 years.

There are creatures at the bottom of the ocean that exist but nobody will ever know it. We can pretty much rule out the possibility of unicorns existing because if they did, we would have seen them on land.

Can you rule out the possibility that an unknown sea creature exists. Of coarse not, many new species are found every year. Can rule out the idea of life evolving in other solar systems, no.

Now that doesn't mean that they are here, but it is possible. No evidence short of an Alien body would be conclusive, but ought we not consider the possibility?

On January 14-16, 1953-

"The USAF scientific advisory panel concluded that unidentified flying objects (UFO's): (1) held no direct physical threat; (2) were not foreign developments; (3) were not unknown phenomena requiring revision of current scientific concepts; and (4) a rash of sightings offered a threat from skillful hostile propagandists."

NASA AERONAUTICS AND ASTRONAUTICS pg. 71

and in 1959

"USAF committee presided over by Dr. J. Allen Hynek, Associate Director of the Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory at Cambridge, Mass., recommended that the USAF continue to take a positive approach to UFO's, investigate reported sightings by all scientific means, and keep the public fully informed of existing policy. Of the unknown objects sighted, it reported, no scientific evidence supports the conclusion that the objects were spacecraft."

NASA AERONAUTICS AND ASTRONAUTICS pg. 71

Last edited:

You forgot to consider the possibility that the extra terrestrials have long outlived their planet and have been living on a giant ship traveling in search of resources for millions of years.

Maybe they are zipping around collecting water from clouds, and munching down on modified alien human hybrid stem cells.
maybe they would take us over, but they are afraid of the woods and got used to living on space ships, so they hang around and mooch off of us.

Your point is funny, but very true. The people that talk about the costs and time involved to visit other systems are based on what they know about earth and us. Do you think aliens use dollars? :wink: what makes you think that they even have a monetary system. Maybe since their start their sole purpose was bent on building technology to visit other planets. Why do they have to be humanoid or even carbon based, just because we are. Also, we live for 70 years on average, a fly lives for a few days, but to him that is his whole existence. What's to say that possible alien visitors live for thousands or millions of years, it's not impossible. I still can't say that aliens have visited us necessarily, but the assumptions some people make us to why they couldn't are a little silly.

Why do they have to be humanoid or even carbon based, just because we are. Also, we live for 70 years on average, a fly lives for a few days, but to him that is his whole existence. What's to say that possible alien visitors live for thousands or millions of years, it's not impossible. I still can't say that aliens have visited us necessarily, but the assumptions some people make us to why they couldn't are a little silly.

How long they live is irrelevant so long as they are able to replicate.

It isn't way out there to consider also that there may be extra terrestrial life out there that looks a lot like earths life. I think for one, that the fact that lifeless matter can spring forth life and even intelligence is pretty amazing. I would be double amazed if another non carbon based life form could exist.

What would be interesting, is an intelligent life form living in a liquid ocean, methane, water, whatever, which developed "hands", and build civilizations and technology underwater.

Last edited:

I don't think the argument should be;

"what would aliens be doing in our back yard!!?"

The fact is that there is a phenomena occuring on earth, and has been for some time, regarding UFO's.

Be that phenomena purely psychosymatic, really aliens or uncle sam I don't know and hence will not go into.

I think what Ivan_Seeking is trying to say is that it is a large enough (testimonies, witnesses) to warrant futher investigation (correct me if I'm wrong).

Consider this, 1000's of years ago someone is having a walk, suddenly a bolt of fork lightening strikes the ground in front of them. They rush back and tell everyone about a bright light coming down from the sky etc. etc.

Everyone thinks they're crazy, until one day a few people see it and now it's fact. But they still don't know what it is. They postulate, invent gods, end of the world etc. and split into factions on different sides of the argument.

This is exactly what's happening now.

CEL

"That no testimony is sufficient to establish a miracle, unless the testimony be of such a kind, that it's falsehood would be more miraculous than the fact which it endeavors to establish."
David Hume