1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

CO2 Car Project Help Please

1. Mar 24, 2009 #1
    ok for school, i am having to make CO2 cars......here is some information about it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CO2_Dragster

well anyway, i need to make the fastest one......(kinda of to help my grade xD) well i was wondering what the best design is for it.......

the specifications i must have for body legnth are....
    Maximum: 12"
    Minimum: 7 7/8"

the cars are raced on a 75' track

thank you so uch for taking your time to help me
    (if u help me)

Also i will try to post some pictures of what the starting block i get looks like from CAD.......

also am I able to upload CAD pictures to this forum?

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 24, 2009 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

We are not going to design it for you -- that's your assignment. What ways do you think you can optimize your car to be fast? What are the variables that affect how fast it can accelerate, and limit its top speed?

4. Mar 24, 2009 #3
    well im not asking to do it for me iwas asking for the best performing design, and i would modify it.........i was thinking of a simple design that is like a point kind of......

5. Mar 26, 2009 #4
    ~bump~

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook