Code ASTM D394-47(B)

Has anybody heard of this code, ASTM D394-47(B)?
I can only find ASTM D394-59(1965) and it as already withdrawn at 1969.
Thank you!

FredGarvin

Science Advisor
I looked through our specs catalogs and did not find any reference other than the -59. I also did a search of ASTM's web site and nothing comes up there. Are you sure about the nomenclature?

Astronuc

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
pikkie said:
Has anybody heard of this code, ASTM D394-47(B)?
I can only find ASTM D394-59(1965) and it as already withdrawn at 1969.
Thank you!
Withdrawn standards would not be available in electronic format. That particular standard may have been superceded by another standard.

One would have to find one of the Standard books from 1947-1950. Standards are reviewed on a cycle of about 4 years, or if someone in the responsible committee sees a need to revise a standard.

The Linda Hall library might have a copy, but they also tend to discard very old publications. :frown:

http://www.lindahall.org
http://www.lindahall.org/services/document_delivery/ [Broken]

A withdrawn standard is an ASTM standard that has been discontinued by the ASTM Sponsoring Committee responsible for the standard.

A standard may be withdrawn with or without replacement.

ASTM makes withdrawn standards available for informational purposes.
One would have to contact ASTM, or better the sponsoring committee within ASTM regarding this standard or its replacement, if such a replacement exists.

Last edited by a moderator:

FredGarvin

Science Advisor
I know through IHS that I can view electronic copies of superceded and revised MIL and AS specs. I don't know if that is the same with ASTM though.

PerennialII

Science Advisor
Gold Member
If it's the abrasion resistance test standard, isn't there a replacement of some kind or one which contains the scope of the old one as well?

The Physics Forums Way

We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling
We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating
We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving