1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Code-Breaking: Urgent Help Needed

1. Oct 15, 2009 #1
    For reasons of a personal nature, it's important to me that this code get cracked as soon as possible. I spent a long time on this but I simply can't get - cryptography has never been my strong point. I'd appreciate any help! Thanks so much in advance!

53Xb48ECR1602YL

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 15, 2009 #2

whs

Why? What reasons?

4. Oct 15, 2009 #3

whs

Why don't you show what you have done instead of just saying "break this". Do you really expect to get an answer?

5. Oct 16, 2009 #4

Mentallic

Homework Helper

I'm no cryptographer, but logic tells me that we need to know a little about your background into this code. What is its nature? This code could mean anything and have an infinite number of meanings. Please, try give us something to work with here.

6. Oct 16, 2009 #5
    don't feed the trolls

7. Oct 16, 2009 #6
    I really don't know much about cryptography, so I didn't get very far. There are 15 characters, so it can't be one of those Caesar square things. I suspect that some characters when combined correspond to a letter, but I'm not sure.

8. Oct 16, 2009 #7
    Was this inscribed on a pendant that your adopted parents found around your neck when they rescued you from a cave?

9. Oct 16, 2009 #8
    Alas, no.

10. Oct 16, 2009 #9

DavidSnider

Gold Member

It's a one time pad. Can't be broken. Sorry.

11. Oct 16, 2009 #10
    There is a second code that I think used the same cipher - would it be helpful if I posted that? I noticed there were some similarities between them.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook