Code-Breaking: Urgent Help Needed

• Thread starter storm900
  • Start date
For reasons of a personal nature, it's important to me that this code get cracked as soon as possible. I spent a long time on this but I simply can't get - cryptography has never been my strong point. I'd appreciate any help! Thanks so much in advance!

53Xb48ECR1602YL

Answers and Replies

whs
Why? What reasons?

whs
Why don't you show what you have done instead of just saying "break this". Do you really expect to get an answer?

Mentallic
Homework Helper
I'm no cryptographer, but logic tells me that we need to know a little about your background into this code. What is its nature? This code could mean anything and have an infinite number of meanings. Please, try give us something to work with here.

don't feed the trolls

I really don't know much about cryptography, so I didn't get very far. There are 15 characters, so it can't be one of those Caesar square things. I suspect that some characters when combined correspond to a letter, but I'm not sure.

seycyrus
I really don't know much about cryptography, so I didn't get very far. There are 15 characters, so it can't be one of those Caesar square things. I suspect that some characters when combined correspond to a letter, but I'm not sure.

Was this inscribed on a pendant that your adopted parents found around your neck when they rescued you from a cave?

Alas, no.

DavidSnider
Gold Member
It's a one time pad. Can't be broken. Sorry.

There is a second code that I think used the same cipher - would it be helpful if I posted that? I noticed there were some similarities between them.