1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Coefficients for Isc and Voc

1. Apr 3, 2016 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    I need to calculate the coefficients for open circuit voltage (Voc) and short circuit current (Isc). I know that the higher temperature = lower Voc, higher Isc. I've done a bit of searching but I can't seem to find an equation or any theory about the coefficients though.

2. Relevant equations
    I have one equation that was given:
    y(T) = y(25C) + (α/100)*(T-25C)

3. The attempt at a solution
    I have an open circuit voltage of .51, .42,.46 and .3 at 26C,60C,90C and 120C, respectively.

I also have short circuit current of .62, .66, .63 and .61 at the same temperatures.

I was thinking of putting the data into a xy-scatterplot, then getting a trendline and finding the gradient. I'm not sure if the gradient would be what i'm looking for though...

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 3, 2016 #2

NascentOxygen

Staff: Mentor

Is this in relation to a specific circuit or device?

4. Apr 3, 2016 #3
    solar cell

5. Apr 3, 2016 #4

NascentOxygen

You are not going to fit a straight line to those figures. Are you able to remeasure?

6. Apr 3, 2016 #5
    Do you know where I could find some literature on the coefficents? I can't seem to find anything...

7. Apr 3, 2016 #6

NascentOxygen

Have you tried a google search? e.g., temperature effect on photovoltaic cells

8. Apr 3, 2016 #7
    Yes of course, but I can't find anything about the coefficients or calculating them.

9. Apr 3, 2016 #8

NascentOxygen

I would first plot the data to see whether it is going to be a good fit to a straight line.

10. Apr 4, 2016 #9

NascentOxygen

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted