Coffee hates me

• Thread starter scorpa
  • Start date
Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Now I'm having trouble drinking coffee. I can barely finish my first cup without feeling sloshy and queazy. :frown:
As in first cup in the morning at breakfast? Perhaps eating something would help.

I have never had coffee, and I only drink water (for about 5 years now). Definitely stay away from soda, that stuff is really bad for you.

Evo
Mentor
I don't drink caffeinated soda or "power" drinks. But recently I can't finish my coffee. I feel like I just drank a gallon of liquid and feel queazy. :cry:

Scorpa, maybe our coffee has been tainted with melamine from China. :bugeye:

I love coffee, I hope this is just temporary.

Moonbear
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I don't drink caffeinated soda or "power" drinks. But recently I can't finish my coffee. I feel like I just drank a gallon of liquid and feel queazy. :cry:
As Astronuc suggested, maybe you just need to eat something with your coffee in the morning? I've been running into that lately, where I wake up already feeling queasy and the coffee will only make it worse, and it's actually not because of what I've eaten, but because of what I haven't eaten (all that stomach acid and no food in there). This time of year, I don't eat as heavy of meals as in the winter; I end up enjoying more of the fresh vegetables coming into season instead of a lot of carbohydrates that I crave in winter, so I wake up much hungrier in the morning. A little food goes a long way toward helping (though, when feeling queasy, it's hard to convince yourself to eat that food, so I just nibble a little at a time until my stomach realizes this is a good thing for it).

Kurdt
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Coffee and pain au chocolat is one of my fave breakfasts.