Get Bifilar Wound Coils for Your Project: 2 of Each Type

In summary, Ron is looking for bifilar wound coils for his project. He has found a link to flat bifilar spirals invented by Tesla, but he wants more details about the manufacturers. He also wants to know the frequency of the coil.
Vikas_Madhu
Hi anyone can help me to get these... i want bifilar wounded flat spiral and cylindrical coils for my project can anyone tell where i can get them i required in quantity of two each

Physics news on Phys.org
Here is one link to the flat bifilar spirals, looks like it was invented by Tesla:

http://energeticforum.com/renewable-energy/6674-teslas-bifilar-pancake-coils.html

Yeah i know about that information but i want details about manufacturers for it

This kind of coil cancels induction, Is that what you want?

Yes your correct... i want that type of coil but i want to know where i can get not the details about the coil

Can you tell us your application?

wireless power transfer

That's what I thought. Do you know how much power you want to transfer and how far? There are some apps where you just power a mat that you can set the device to be charged on the mat where the distance is only a few cm. Then there is the kind that wants several hundred watts at 2 meters. Which app are you after?

My application needs to transfer minimum of 5 volts and (200-300) mA range current that means i should be able to transfer atleast 1-2watt range at a distance of atleast 1 meter

Ok, now what you need is to figure out the frequency of the coil. I would guess something around 1 mhz or so. You say 'at least' one meter, what about 'at most'?

A bifilar wound coil will produce no magnetic field. Why would you want that?

does it cancel the negative effects of coil by making self inductance zero or it completely makes field zero..?

The latter, inductance zero. That was why I was wondering what you were after.

but i heard it reduces the drop across the inductor but increases the field generated around it. and also some people told compared to unifilar coils with bifilar coils they are getting more power in secondary coil

Vikas_Madhu said:
does it cancel the negative effects of coil by making self inductance zero or it completely makes field zero..?

Are those two things different?

Otoh, are you really wanting a multi strand inductor?

There are applications for bifilar windings. For instance in Residual Current Circuit breakers an some component bridges.

sophiecentaur said:
Are those two things different?

Otoh, are you really wanting a multi strand inductor?

There are applications for bifilar windings. For instance in Residual Current Circuit breakers an some component bridges.

yes i need multi strand inductor..

Try Litz wire. It was very popular at one time in radio circuits.

In-house bifilar twisted pair machine - diy

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/805268116/spool-spinner-makes-axially-spiraled-wire-twisted

I have begun building my own spool spinner for in-house manufacturing of twisted pair stainless fine enamel coated wire. I've added a description, more photos and videos to the link above. I hope to break this barrier and make twisted pair capability available to hobbyists like myself, also a retired NASA contractor. Thanks, Ron

1. What is a bifilar wound coil?

A bifilar wound coil is a type of coil that consists of two wires wound in parallel around a core. These wires are wound in opposite directions and are evenly spaced apart, resulting in a more balanced and efficient coil.

2. What are the benefits of using a bifilar wound coil?

Bifilar wound coils offer several benefits, including improved efficiency, reduced resistance, and increased inductance. They also have a more balanced magnetic field, which can be useful in certain applications.

3. How do I choose the right type of bifilar wound coil for my project?

The type of bifilar wound coil you choose will depend on your specific project and its requirements. Some factors to consider include the wire gauge, core material, and number of windings. It is best to consult with an experienced engineer or do thorough research before making a decision.

4. What are some common applications for bifilar wound coils?

Bifilar wound coils are commonly used in electronic devices and circuits, such as radio frequency amplifiers, transformers, and antennas. They are also used in electromagnets, motors, and other electromechanical devices.

5. Can I make my own bifilar wound coil?

Yes, it is possible to make your own bifilar wound coil, but it requires some knowledge and skill in coil winding. There are also many online tutorials and guides available to help you through the process. Alternatively, you can purchase pre-made bifilar wound coils for your project.