Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Coil simulation with maxwell

1. Sep 26, 2014 #1
    hello every one
    i want too simulate a coil with with Maxwell and transient solution type:
    this coil is in a paper and i want to simulate it
    i attach the coil properties. in this paper the dimension of coil is given such:
    diameret:12cm; length=84cm; moment=30a-m^2; construction= 16 turns AWG#12; coil voltage=65Vrms=91Vpeak; frequency=575hz; depth rating=30m
    and @ 50 meter from this antenna we have 8pT signal

i calculate the equivalent circuit:
    you know the AWG#12 diameter is 2.053mm and has 5.211 mohm/m, and as we say, the coil voltage is 91v, so we have:
    Rcoil=30.85mohm; Lcoil=.15mH
    i simulate the coil with the thickness of 2.053 which is the same of diameter of wire.
    so i simulate it with two type of winding (voltage and external)
    1) in voltage type i fill in the blanks such these:
    initial current=0 ; resistance=30.85mohm, inductance=.15mH , voltage=91*cos(2*pi*575*time)
    i run this but i don't achieve the 8pT signal @ 50 meter from antenna. i attache it by the name of coil with voltage
    2) external: in this type i create an external circuit with maxwel circuit editor and import it in the maxwell. i attach the circuit and the maxwell simulation with the names of circuit and coil with external circuit.
    i run this but i don't achieve the 8pT signal @ 50 meter from antenna.
    another question is that what value i have to select for the resistance which is series with the sinusoidal source? this value has deep effect in my result.
    please help me and suggest me some solution, i don;t have time and i have to simulate it :( :(
    thank you

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted