Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Coke Blak

1. Apr 25, 2006 #1

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oh, what a disgusting, vile concoction! I tried this the other day, not even knowing anything about the product or what it was supposed to taste like. :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: I couldn't spit it out fast enough!

Turns out it's coffee-flavored Coca-cola.
    bleeeeccchhh!!!!!

http://www2.coca-cola.com/presscenter/nr_20051207_corporate_blak.html

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 25, 2006 #2

cronxeh

Gold Member

I'm surprised they dont just sell amphetamines in water

4. Apr 25, 2006 #3
    I like coke and coffee but I can't imagine putting them together that's just gross.

5. Apr 25, 2006 #4

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I am sure they would if they could get away with it.:bugeye:

No doubt!!! It totally reminds me of the "I'll eat or drink anything for a dollar guy" in high school. We used to make up some really gross combinations out of our lunch leftovers to challenge him with. Coke and coffee would have definitely been the type of thing we would mix up for him. :yuck:

6. Apr 25, 2006 #5

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Ewwwww. :yuck:

7. Apr 25, 2006 #6
    I tried some too, and I must admit, if it were the last thing on the world to drink...I would drink it again. Please God, don't let it come to that.

8. Apr 25, 2006 #7

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

More on Coke Blak:
    http://www.ajc.com/business/content/business/coke/stories/0404bizblak.html
    Who's idiot niece or nephew has been put in charge at Coca Cola? What a moronic idea. :mad:

Hypatia and Evo, I am glad it is not just me that finds this horrifying. I know they rolled Blak out in France first. I wonder what the French thought about it? Je vais googler "blak" et "dégueulasse"...

9. Apr 25, 2006 #8

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Eeeeeeeewwwwwww!!!! :yuck: I cannot imagine coffee and cola together. I had Coke, then coffee today, but they most certainly should not have been served in the same cup at the same time. :yuck:

10. Apr 25, 2006 #9

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Both are disgusting enough on their own, dontcha think?

- Warren

11. Apr 25, 2006 #10
    I had tried it over a friend's house, and I don't think it's too bad. I don't think I'd buy it myself, but some energy drinks out there are surely worse... I think it might be an aquired taste, you know?

12. Apr 25, 2006 #11
    Tastes HORRIBLE. I actually bought a 4 pack, thinking it will taste good... BLEH

It doesn't taste like coffee AT ALL!

13. Apr 25, 2006 #12

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It's really a perverse combination!

Not when you're a caffeine addict like me.

Just out of curiosity, are you in the under 30 or over 30 crowd? When I tried it I thought, ew! this is so sweet, maybe they are targeting kids with this product and that's why I find it so yucky. But nope, quite the opposite - they are marketing Blak to a 30-50 year old demographic, and I am right in there. I should be lapping the stuff up.

14. Apr 25, 2006 #13

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

They had the 4 packs in the stores last week, but it was so expensive, there was no way I would commit to buying that many. The singles came out, so I said, OK, I'll try just one. Glad I didn't buy that 4 pack now.

15. Apr 25, 2006 #14

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Well, you can't really admit you're selling something super-caffeinated to kids, can you? It'll probably find its market on college campuses during final exams when students are pulling all nighters and will drink anything if it will keep them awake.

16. Apr 25, 2006 #15

JamesU

Gold Member

This sounds terrible, but I'll try it...

17. Apr 25, 2006 #16
    lol, the three I have left will probably be put into use in the next week or so :grumpy:

If this thing will keep me awake, I just may be almost happy about buying it...

18. Apr 25, 2006 #17
    i'm gonna have to agree. both are pretty much acquired tastes, so i'd imagine that combined there'd be a good deal more acquiring necessary.

19. Apr 25, 2006 #18

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Especially since even those of us who already have acquired the taste for each individually still wouldn't touch that concoction with a 10 foot pole!

20. Apr 25, 2006 #19
    If it came out recently, then it is just in time for my finals. Sounds like it will be more the taste that will keep me awake than the caffene.

21. Apr 25, 2006 #20

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:yuck: Oh, just imagine, since it's Coke, every time you burp, you'll taste it again, and you're guaranteed to burp at least a few times if you drink it. :yuck:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?