Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Colbert from Iraq

1. Jun 9, 2009 #1
    For those of you that care, Stephen Colbert is broadcasting from Baghdad, Iraq this week. The first show was pretty good. Only on the Colbert Report can the president order a 4 star general to give Stephen Colbert a hair cut.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/76566/the-colbert-report-mon-jun-8-2009 [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 9, 2009 #2
    I was surprised that McCain and Obama agreed to make jokes about themselves

4. Jun 9, 2009 #3

turbo

Gold Member

Why not? Obama is pretty laid-back, and over half of the GOP don't realize that Colbert's shtick is a gag. His ratings should soar.

5. Jun 9, 2009 #4
    Oh, I watched the episode of the hair cut the other day! It was awesome. He looks better with the military haircut anyhow, but it didn't look real.

6. Jun 10, 2009 #5
    How could it not be real? I don't think comedy central will go as far to CG Colbert getting a hair cut.

7. Jun 10, 2009 #6

MATLABdude

Science Advisor

I saw the shot of him with the AMP'd thing buzz-cut / Sharpie'd on the back of his head. Is that a poke at Morning Joe, or some kind of military inside joke? I'd think the latter since the audience was laughing pretty hard at that whole sequence (name of the unit, maybe?)

8. Jun 11, 2009 #7
    add Bidin and Palin to the list.

9. Jun 11, 2009 #8

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

As was evident when he roasted Bush at a GOP dinner. :rofl:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook