Colbert Roasts bush link inside

• Thread starter Zygotic Embryo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Link
In summary, Colbert is a very lucid, rational, pragmatic, point of view presenter with a great sense of humor. His roast of Bush was not as good as his show, but still hilarious. Saget is a dirty stand-up comedian with a great sense of contrast.
Zygotic Embryo
[MEDIA=youtube]lcIRXur61II[/MEDIA][/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
You've never heard of these events?

I like Colbert when he is serious, kind of like when South Park is serious. A very lucid, rational, pragmatic, point of view is presented.

Ehhhhhhh, that guys just not funny to me...he bombed on that clip.

Omg I Love His Show!

Ok...and that makes him suddenly funny how?

All I can say is...HAW! Who booked him for that anyway? I wonder if they thought he was a real conservative. :biggrin:

Actually, I don't think the jokes were quite as good as on his show, but still hilarious.

Entropy said:
Omg I Love His Show!
ew...I hate his show...

He's even worse than Jon Stewart.

Nothing like a good 'ole difference of opinion arguement!

The roast was a complete bomb ! He was pretty close to pathetic...nowhere near the quality of his show.

no way man
he was awsome in the 1st and second...the third part wasnt very good.

Zygotic Embryo said:
no way man
he was awsome in the 1st and second...the third part wasnt very good.

Im sorry if people on this forum didn't think a Bush roast was funny, it just wasn't funny... at all...

DeadWolfe said:
He's even worse than Jon Stewart.

But it couldn't have been THAT bad...

How did he even get in?

In retrospect (and after a rewatching) I think I was being too harsh in my last statement. I thought about 60 - 70% of the jokes were pretty good, but the rest was kinda flat - especially the majority of the audition tape.

PS : Jon Stewart, in my opinion, is amazing ! But I can see how Republicans would hate him.

Gokul43201 said:
especially the majority of the audition tape.

Yeah, I don't know what he was thinking with that. The jokes seemed purposefully lame and didn't have any obvious irony.

I don't know who is worse, Colbert or Bob Saget...

cyrusabdollahi said:
I don't know who is worse, Colbert or Bob Saget...

I take it you've never seen Bob Saget do stand-up...

No, I hope to god he is better than his lame ass America's funniest home videos jokes he would make. Honey, I'm coming home late har har har... :rolleyes:

cyrusabdollahi said:
No, I hope to god he is better than his lame ass America's funniest home videos jokes he would make. Honey, I'm coming home late har har har... :rolleyes:

His stand-up is very, very dirty. The funniest thing about Bob Saget is the contrast between how he makes his money and how he wants to.

1. What is the video "Colbert Roasts Bush" about?

The video "Colbert Roasts Bush" is a satirical comedy sketch from "The Colbert Report" television show, in which host Stephen Colbert delivers a scathing speech mocking former President George W. Bush at the 2006 White House Correspondents' Dinner.

2. Why did Stephen Colbert choose to roast President Bush?

Stephen Colbert chose to roast President Bush as a form of political satire, using humor to criticize and challenge the actions and policies of the Bush administration. The White House Correspondents' Dinner is traditionally a lighthearted event, but Colbert used the opportunity to make a statement about the state of the country under Bush's leadership.

3. Was "Colbert Roasts Bush" well-received?

The reaction to "Colbert Roasts Bush" was mixed. Some people found the speech to be hilarious and praised Colbert for his boldness, while others found it disrespectful and in poor taste. However, the video went viral and received widespread media coverage, sparking a debate about the role of satire in politics.

4. Did "Colbert Roasts Bush" have any impact on politics?

It is difficult to determine the exact impact of "Colbert Roasts Bush" on politics. Some argue that it helped to shed light on important issues and hold politicians accountable, while others believe it simply reinforced existing political beliefs. Regardless, the video remains a memorable moment in the history of political satire.

5. Has Stephen Colbert roasted other politicians?

Yes, Stephen Colbert has roasted other politicians on "The Colbert Report" and other platforms. Some notable examples include his roast of President Donald Trump at the 2011 White House Correspondents' Dinner and his "Stephen Colbert's Midnight Confessions" segment in which he roasts various political figures. Colbert continues to use his platform to provide comedic commentary on current events and political figures.