Collection of Lame Jokes

• Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Jokes
In summary: It's a humor that relies on absurdity and unexpectedness. It's not for everyone.Not a fan of surrealism, I take it?In summary, surrealism is an art form that relies on absurdity and unexpectedness, often producing incongruous imagery or effects. It may not be appreciated by everyone, but for those who do, it can be quite humorous.
  • #5,671
If you find the waterbed too hard try some water softener,

Likes Craftek_Ana, davenn, Ibix and 1 other person
Physics news on Phys.org
  • #5,672
@Bandersnatch , I DID tell that joke back in the mid 90's, not all that long after re-integration and before the waves and waves of refugee immigrants for the last decade or so.

Back at the time they had vivid memories of lots of battles between Russia and Germany or other Nations all going Through Poland, often with the scorched Earth behind the armies, so that the peasants were very much against war, ethnic jokes etc, anything that might bring war back to their region.

Now, a couple generations later, it may well have changed. But at the time, well, I drank plenty of ale and enjoyed talking cultural differences with these folks who, not long before, had been behind the Iron Curtain and enjoyed being able to converse with someone who understood their nation's basic plight: a nice flattish breadbasket amidst all these war-mongering neighbors who tended to use Poland as a road and supply source.

• #5,673

Likes davenn, Steelwolf and strangerep
  • #5,674
@Steelwolf
I grew up in the 80s. I'm not talking about any recent attitudes. The jokes of my childhood, that trickled down from parents to the playground, ranged from chauvinistic to casually racists to vile slurs. The most common ones were about 'a Pole, a Ruskie and a German', with the Pole coming off invariably superior in every respect. I actually asked around, and everybody I talked to knows them, and agrees that they were around since at least the WWII.
If anything, I'd say these attitudes are being gradually eroded thanks to the society getting more open, affluent, and worldly (and the older generations dying out). That a quite large percentage of the society had a chance to live abroad after the transformation, and experience being the butt of the jokes, probably contributed to some newfound humility. But it still resurfaces in casual conversations even among people that should be more sophisticated than that.
Also, we aren't really getting any noticeable amounts of refugees here.

Likes Steelwolf
  • #5,675
Q: How can I make people like me?
Clone yourself and they will be like you.

• Haha
Likes davenn, mfb, strangerep and 1 other person
  • #5,676
WWGD said:
Q: How can I make people like me?
Clone yourself and they will be like you.
You know, there is also an old fashioned way to make people. What do you know about bees and flowers? The results usually will like you automatically.

• #5,677
fresh_42 said:
You know, there is also an old fashioned way to make people. What do you know about bees and flowers? The results usually will like you automatically.
Yes, but it is not just making people, it is making people like me.

• #5,678
WWGD said:
Yes, but it is not just making people, it is making people like me.
You can either make people and hope they will like you, or make people and assure they will be like you. In my experience, the former makes far more fun than the latter. On the other hand, we already have too many people on this rock who make people. Thus my ultimate suggestion is to rephrase this question:
How can I make me like people?

• #5,679
fresh_42 said:
Everything tastes better with ketchup!

Likes Bystander and Ibix
  • #5,680
jbriggs444 said:
Everything tastes better with ketchup!
I thought the golden rule is: If in doubt add bacon! Although I prefer to add molten cheese.

• #5,681
fresh_42 said:
You are quite similar to other people. You are also a human.
I think.

Likes Craftek_Ana
  • #5,682
I watched the Kentucky Derby on TV yesterday. It rained and the track was muddy. I was reminded of the Seinfeld TV episode, The Subway.

Man1: Exactly, this horse loves the slop. It's in his bloodlines. His father was a mudda', his mother was a mudda'.

Man2: His mudda' was a mudda'?

Man1: What did I just say?

Last edited:
  • #5,683
mfb said:
I think.
I prefer the term dry nosed primate.

• #5,684

• Haha
Likes Rive, WWGD, Steelwolf and 4 others
  • #5,685
256bits said:
The disgruntled buzzard, next flight, brought along only chicken.
Only just got that one... :oldeyes:

Likes 256bits
  • #5,686
An old dragon tells a younger dragon about these snacks he used to go out and find. See you had to go out and find the humans on horseback in their bright armor and cloth and you come down and flame em just enough so that they steam in the shell, then these well muscled Steamers are pretty darn good eating.

So the young dragon gets exited and hungry, dragging the old dragon out there and they are hunting and hunting and then the young dragon sees a bunch of bright white robes and color on humans all on mounts. So he starts his dive.

The Older Dragon, being more experienced in his snacking, takes a good, sharp look at the humans below and can make out travel worn flowing white robes and not horses but common asses: It is a group of mendicant Monks, soft, fat and greasy with distasteful perfumes! So He yells down to the younger dragon to "Wait, Come Back, Them's ain't Steamers, Them's Friars!

• Haha
Likes davenn
  • #5,687
Saw this via Reddit, sharing it forward.
Technically, we can observe them. Also, what are bowls if not deep plates. 🤔
oqhm4hhg4uw21.jpg

• Haha
Likes Filip Larsen, Steelwolf, 256bits and 3 others
  • #5,688
mfb said:
I think.

• #5,689
42135728128_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-syd2-1.jpg

• Haha
Likes Ibix, Filip Larsen, Steelwolf and 4 others
  • #5,690
A woman is accused of attacking her husband with several of his guitars
The judge asked " first offender?"
She replied, "no, first a Gibson, second a Fender"

Likes Ibix, fresh_42, Steelwolf and 2 others
  • #5,691
Meanwhile in Kansas ...

006609408_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent-syd2-1.jpg

224785408_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent-syd2-1.jpg

• Haha
Likes strangerep, DrClaude and 256bits
  • #5,692
davenn said:
A woman is accused of attacking her husband with several of his guitars
The judge asked " first offender?"
She replied, "no, first a Gibson, second a Fender"
A typical three Ring marriage.
Engagement ring.
Wedding ring.
Then the Suffering.

• Haha
Likes dextercioby, Steelwolf, Craftek_Ana and 2 others
  • #5,693
Another weird question on a Math site:
Why does Matrix multiplication work?
Because it does not get paid otherwise?

Likes strangerep and davenn
  • #5,694
A lady is upset because every time she goes to the doctor, he asks her to take her clothes off for a checkup. One day , she's had enough: " Doctor, why do you ask me to take my clothes off every time I come?"
A: " Lady, if you don't like it, get another dentist!"

Last edited:
Likes strangerep and Steelwolf
  • #5,695
I bought this inexpensive second hand watch, but it's not very effective. All it's got is a second hand.

Likes Ibix, davenn and Steelwolf
  • #5,696
The large network collapsed, no internet.
Another Wan bites the dust!

Likes Ibix, Steelwolf and Craftek_Ana
  • #5,697
@Ophiolite I reckon that is what you get when you buy at the seconds shops. I will admit to being disappointed with Dollar Stores too, talk about misrepresentation in advertising.

Trying to get pictures of my friend's pup during that above described WAN disruption led to a Wan Lagged Dog picture.

Likes Ibix and davenn
  • #5,698
Ophiolite said:
I bought this inexpensive second hand watch, but it's not very effective. All it's got is a second hand.
Perhaps it's also got a minute hand that's too minute to see?

• #5,699
158103552_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent-den4-1.jpg

Likes Ibix, strangerep, BillTre and 1 other person
  • #5,700
68553484288_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent-den4-1.jpg

• Haha
Likes Ibix, kuruman, Wrichik Basu and 3 others
  • #5,701
Ibix said:
Perhaps it's also got a minute hand that's too minute to see?
But... the second hand is showing the minutes! The third hand is showing the seconds.
Steelwolf said:
I will admit to being disappointed with Dollar Stores too, talk about misrepresentation in advertising.
Quite possible that you can buy a dollar there if you ask nicely - for a dollar plus tax.

• Haha
Likes Steelwolf and Ibix
  • #5,702
mfb said:
But... the second hand is showing the minutes! The third hand is showing the seconds.
And the first hand is hours, not @Ophiolite's, which is why it doesn't work for him.

• Haha
Likes mfb
  • #5,703
33748480_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent.fymq3-1.jpg

Likes Wrichik Basu, strangerep and fresh_42
  • #5,704
Where do mathematicians get their kicks?
On 8.124038404635960360459883568266...

Last edited:
Likes DrClaude, davenn, Steelwolf and 4 others
  • #5,705
chasrob said:
Where do mathematicians get their kicks?
On 8.12403840464.
The destination of vacation is an irrational decision.

Likes Steelwolf and chasrob