1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

College applications

  1. Oct 5, 2009 #1
    I come from India and I intend to apply for undergraduate admissions this year for a physics course [BSc. Physics]. I am preparing for the IIT-JEE, although I know quite well that I am NOT going to be doing engineering; I want to do physics.

    Inside of India, I know of the choice of applying to Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) and the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), apart from which the options seem pretty slim.

    1. Main question : Where can I apply outside of India?
    2. Secondary question : What is the Erasmus Mundus? Am I elligible to apply?
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 6, 2009 #2
    Hmm. Judging by the replies, I think I ought to add a little bit more about what I'm looking for. I know from my performance in school (I didn't do well in subjects other than math, but I have my reasons for that), that I have no chance in schools like Harvard. Are there any colleges in Europe or the USA apart from the Ivy leagues and Cambridge, Oxford and that sort which I can make it into being a foreigner and all that?

    The first thing that I found with most colleges when I looked into them myself is that many of them have a very limited availability of seats to foreigners. Secondly, quite a few of these colleges offer financial aid. Harvery Mudd College in the USA is one such example. I have heard that they offer a good education, but as they do not offer financial aid, it would be quite impossible for me to go. Furthermore, the intake of foreign national students is quite limited there.

    I see a thread right above my own, about colleges in Hungary. Any suggestions of good colleges there that I could join? Any where at all in Europe?
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook