Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

College Board AP Calculus Exams

1. Jan 29, 2010 #1

Gold Member

I've recently started thinking about which exam I want to take for AP Calculus, and I'm wondering from those of you who have taken it or know details - is the AB or BC exam recommended? I've taken all of the AB and BC material, but I'm not sure if I can handle that quantity of material or want to risk taking it and scoring lower than I would in the AB; however, it's worth a lot more points. What exactly do I need to know (with more specifics that the College Board gives at http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/ap/sub_calbc.html?calcbc")?
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 29, 2010 #2
    Well, you should know that you can still get AB credit if you take the BC test. If you're going to be focusing on mathematics or some variant (mathematical sciences) in the future, I highly recommend you take BC. In fact, I recommend BC always. If you don't think you can handle the BC courseload, try taking a few AB practice tests right now. You should know all of the AB material right now, and you should be within the 5s range. Then you'll have plenty of time to go over the BC material. If you don't score very well, that just means you have to try a bit harder and work more during the next few months. It really depends on whether you can handle the load I guess.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook