1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

College Decision

1. Oct 3, 2014 #1
    Hello Everyone!
    I have a interesting decision to make.
    I have been accepted into University of Wisconsin-Plateville for Environmental Engineering, which I can start taking classes towards my degree.
    I have also been accepted into the University of Minnesota Twin Cities, however i got into the college of food and agriculture. I talked to a professor at this school and said i can work my way into the college of science and Engineering. So i have a conundrum i guess.
    Another issue is i live in the twin cities area, and while the U of M is a great school this leaves the chance of me being a commuter rather than staying on campus, which is something i want to experience. I also have a ugly living situation at home and would like to get away from there (Im 19 years old) .
    If anyone has any experience regarding these schools, or just some advice for someone in my situation I would really appreciate it .

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 3, 2014 #2
    How about you attend University of Minnesota Twin Cities, and live on-campus there? By going to an in-state university, you are already saving a lot of money. I don't see a reason to pay much more to go to an out-of-state university, just because going there will guarantee that you'll live away from your home.

4. Oct 4, 2014 #3
    playoff, thank you for your response,
    Tuition will not be a problem as wisconsin and minnesota have a reciprocity agreement. I did not expect getting into minnesota but now that i am accepted i have to rethink it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook