Discuss College Football - Go Buckeyes!

• Thread starter Gokul43201
  • Start date
  • Tags
    College
In summary, the football season is starting in the US. College Football is a popular topic among gamers. Some people are cheering for their team, while others are booing the opposing team. There are also people who are not into sports but are still interested in the game.
go Virginia Tech !

Physics news on Phys.org
Gokul43201 said:
Wow, did Arizona State blow away Iowa or what ?? Say, Janitor, did you watch that ?

I surely did. Roseanne Barr's ex husband Tom Arnold is a Hawkeye alum. He predicted a win for them, and in losing the bet he has to have a Sun Devil helmet on all of his 'The Best Damn Sports Show' programs the rest of the year.

:biggrin:

Janitor said:
I surely did. Roseanne Barr's ex husband Tom Arnold is a Hawkeye alum. He predicted a win for them, and in losing the bet he has to have a Sun Devil helmet on all of his 'The Best Damn Sports Show' programs the rest of the year.

College football is Tom Arnold's excuse to get with hot teenage Iowa chicks ! :yuck:

Fat chance he's going to wear a Sun Devil helmet for all the shows.

Umm...Sun Devil Stadium's been pretty good for the Buckeye's lately, so I won't say anything bad about you guys down there.

Hey mathrocks...how many losses you think the Hokies take this year ? I'ts a pity Syracuse doesn't get to beat them again. :wink:

(Ignore me...I just like to talk $#!t)

I was born in Baton Rouge so I have to give my love to LSU. I went to Ole Miss and Southern Miss in some form or fashion and I'll be transferring to Mississippi State, so I like all of those teams as well.

I hate USC though. :tongue2:

College Football is the best. Especially since CAL is doing so much better these last few years.
GO BEARS! :)

Ah ! A Berkeley chick, I presume.

The Trojans will be back for revenge...but first there's the game against Boise State that I'm interested in.

Don't mind me...I like to shout down other teams and their fans, and generally be a badass.

Go Buckeyes !

Gokul43201 said:
Ah ! A Berkeley chick, I presume.

The Trojans will be back for revenge...but first there's the game against Boise State that I'm interested in.

Don't mind me...I like to shout down other teams and their fans, and generally be a badass.

Go Buckeyes !

Not only does CAL have a much better team under Tedford, but they also have the confidence. Not to mention CAL's alumni aren't half as pitiful as some of USC's :tongue2:.

Last year, USC was playing CAL at Berkeley and I went to hang out with my family in the alumni section and we were singing the national anthem, and some stupid student from USC was screaming "Go Trojans, Go Trojans Go Trojans" while everyone else was singing and she stood way out. She had no idea what was going on. My brother looked over and said "Where are you from, IRAQ?" :rofl:.

Ever since then, I have disliked USC's fans even more. Which is quite funny because almost went there, but I didn't end up choosing that school because of the department head person for my major.

I hope CAL wins, and I think they will, the running backs are awesome. If they don't win, you have the privilege of never letting me live it down.

Sweet & Intellectual said:
Not only does CAL have a much better team under Tedford, but they also have the confidence. Not to mention CAL's alumni aren't half as pitiful as some of USC's :tongue2:.

Last year, USC was playing CAL at Berkeley and I went to hang out with my family in the alumni section and we were singing the national anthem, and some stupid student from USC was screaming "Go Trojans, Go Trojans Go Trojans" while everyone else was singing and she stood way out. She had no idea what was going on. My brother looked over and said "Where are you from, IRAQ?" :rofl:.

Ever since then, I have disliked USC's fans even more. Which is quite funny because almost went there, but I didn't end up choosing that school because of the department head person for my major.

I hope CAL wins, and I think they will, the running backs are awesome. If they don't win, you have the privilege of never letting me live it down.

Does anyone know why my post count is stuck at 2? :frown:

Welcome to PF Sweet & Intellectual! I think you will enjoy it here.

Posts in General Discussion don't count toward your total.

Evo said:
Welcome to PF Sweet & Intellectual! I think you will enjoy it here.

Posts in General Discussion don't count toward your total.

Thank you so much! That would explain it.

And thanks for the welcome! :smile:

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Gokul, I can't believe you aren't on here jumping around and gloating that Ohio State beat Michigan this past weekend! Are you feeling alright? Maybe you're still too hungover from the partying to really gloat much here?

I enjoyed it just because I know too many Michigan fans, so it keeps them quiet when they lose.

Go Bruins! Beat USC!

I can dream, can't I? :biggrin:
Whaddya think? Does UCLA have a prayer?

The Bruins are playing a tough game, but no way. Trojans all the way, baby! Back to back!

P.S. Virginia Tech beat Miami in a great game, for the ACC championship their first year in the conference. Great job by Frank Beamer.

By the way, Gokul, Iowa, Georgia, and USC all would have beaten Ohio State in 2002.

Interception! Lofa Totupu! Damn, I didn't think UCLA would be able to put up this kind of a fight. I'm impressed. No way this team should be 6-4. They should have won the WSU and ASU games at least.

I really liked seeing that 96 yard touchdown UCLA made! I was afraid it might be an outright massacre but the Bruins are holding up pretty well.

What a classic game. That one goes in the pantheon. I just gained a lot of respect for the Bruins. That was a great return by Bragg (was that his name?), but Reggie Bush put his mark on this game. That kid's going to be huge on Sunday's soon.

the guy I work with is a die hard Tennessee fan. one drop of rain and we decided to stop working. had to stop by the bar, where the Tennessee Alumni meet for every game. Auburn scored almost as fast as USC. I had to drag a depressed Tennessee fan out of the bar when it was 21-7 still first half.

Moonbear said:
Gokul, I can't believe you aren't on here jumping around and gloating that Ohio State beat Michigan this past weekend! Are you feeling alright? Maybe you're still too hungover from the partying to really gloat much here?

I enjoyed it just because I know too many Michigan fans, so it keeps them quiet when they lose.

Yeah...I don't remember much of that evening...things were all a blur ...

loseyourname said:
By the way, Gokul, Iowa, Georgia, and USC all would have beaten Ohio State in 2002.

Yeah, I love retrospect. How come you didn't add Miami to that list ? Wait...don't bother; I can guess.

This was probably the best game the Bruins played this season but they continue to be plagued by a poor running game.

Auburn Tennessee is still a one-score game, late in the third.

maybe I shouldn't have dragged him out of there

Gokul43201 said:
This was probably the best game the Bruins played this season but they continue to be plagued by a poor running game.

Auburn Tennessee is still a one-score game, late in the third.

I'm going to assume you mean the Bruins were plagued by a poor run defense. They had the Pac-10's top rushing offense going in at 221 yards per game.

Also, I hate Miami, but I think they would have won that game had McGahee not gone down. Either way, I was rooting for Ohio State and I honestly think that was the best college football game I've ever seen.

loseyourname said:
I'm going to assume you mean the Bruins were plagued by a poor run defense. They had the Pac-10's top rushing offense going in at 221 yards per game.

I must be getting confused with Oregon State perhaps. I recall Trev Alberts bashing this team for a lousy running game all season.

Also, I hate Miami,
Ah...something in common.

but I think they would have won that game had McGahee not gone down.
Perhaps...but then Michigan was expected to beat us as well.

Either way, I was rooting for Ohio State and I honestly think that was the best college football game I've ever seen.
Me too :biggrin:

Last edited:
Gokul43201 said:
I must be getting confused with Oregon State perhaps. I recall Trev Alberts bashing this team for a lousy running game all season.

Probably. OSU's rushing attack was non-existent this year. They definitely missed Stephen Jackson. UCLA's rushing offense has been pretty prolific all year, but only gained 17 yards on USC's #2 nationally ranked rushing defense.