1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

College Future

1. Feb 13, 2013 #1
    Hi yall, Im a freshman at UIUC, just started my second semester. I'm a physics major and I love physics bc it's actually challenging and it's just generally awesome.

I kind of managed to land on probation last semester bc of not applying myself until the end of the semester; let's just say I enjoyed my first semester. So I am taking E&M now, and I just had my exam for EM and I bombed it, it may have been the hardest test I've taken. I'm just so confused as discouraged since I really tried these last few weeks to learn the material.

In all my classes I tend to have the problem of not doing well on the tests. I'm not a nervous type, I'm incredibly confident, and aware of the issues of being overconfident. I go to maybe 70% of the office hours, generally as much as I can manage with my schedule. I rarely have all that much trouble with the homework, and I do mediocre on the weekly quizzes. I do physics almost everyday. I help anyone who needs help, I often get mistaken for a TA at office hours. I am not afraid to work for something, but I'm busting my *** and not getting results. I don't understand why I am not doing well and I am very upset.

Most advice is appreciated.

Notes:
    Bombed test, need to do better. What more can I do to become successful in the ways of physics. I am angry now haha... >:(

-Robert

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted