1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

College park physics program

1. Jul 10, 2014 #1
    Hello,

Can anyone describe what its like going to University of Maryland college park and majoring in physics? Is it true that the teachers there only care about research and don't care about helping you? Also, are the class sizes 150 people (which means you can't get any personalized help)?

Bottom line: If I take the time to took for them, are there resources that's help me get through the classes? Also, do most professors speak English, or does their accent make them hard to understand?

sorry if this is posted on the wrong side of the forum

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 10, 2014 #2
    It'll vary, but I believe most professors will be glad to help you. Your first few physics classes will contain a lot students. Class sizes will get smaller later.

Yes there are resources out there you can use. This site is one of them.

4. Jul 12, 2014 #3
    actual accounts

Thank you for your reply. No offense, but has anyone actually been or is apart of the College Park physics program (Maryland university)? Can someone tell me what its like and what resources are there?

Thanks

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook