Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

College Reg

1. Jan 16, 2004 #1
    College Reg!!!!!

recently I enrolled in 3 college courses. Night time.

... I registered. and now I just found out the tuition is $600... not including texts...

They never mentioned anything about money when registering me... I told them I am a highschool student... what do I do lol, my mom's gonna be shocked if she see a letter urging $600.
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 17, 2004 #2
    $600 is a value

I've registered 3 classes and It's $5,000 each not including books.

As long as you study hard and get good grades, and not worry too much about girls, you should be just fine.
  4. Jan 17, 2004 #3
    5k each? WOW! I hope that was for your PHD
  5. Jan 17, 2004 #4
    You didn't think of asking? @_@
  6. Jan 17, 2004 #5

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Be sure you un-register in time!! My roommate had lots of problems unregistering and had to pay the class without having attended a single lecture..
  7. Jan 17, 2004 #6

Gold Member

Re: College Reg!!!!!

Prudens, dear, you need to TALK to your mom NOW! Don't wait until she gets a letter. First, choose the one class out of the three that you want to take the most. My guess is that she may not mind paying for one of those classes - but three would be a bit much. That way, when she hits the roof when you tell her about the $600, you can soften the blow by offering to withdraw from two of them. :wink:
  8. Jan 17, 2004 #7
    Re: Re: College Reg!!!!!

what happens if I don't pay those tuition? put me in jail?

I'm already in process of looking for jobs on campus, and applying for that FAFSA thing...
  9. Jan 17, 2004 #8

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

They'll get your money one way or the other..
  10. Jan 19, 2004 #9

jimmy p

Gold Member

Hey, my brother is trying to get funding for a second degree... he wants to do a vetinary degree and he has been quoted £15,000 per year, for 5 years. That doesnt include texts or accomodation, just the tuition fees. All because he will be a post-grad.

EDIT: oh yeah, and THAT is subject to the rise in tuition fees, so the second year it could cost £15,500 etc.
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2004
  11. Jan 19, 2004 #10

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

.. move to a country where the government subsidizes education ;P
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?