1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

College selection guidance needed

1. Jan 16, 2005 #1
    ok, I typed up a whole long post while it said "logged in as skrrp" in the upper right corner but when I posted it said you are not logged in, I don't mean to complain but I'm not going to be retyping my entire well written thougth out post so here's the short version

I'm thirty, I went to college to learn how to make money, I'm a thinker, I spend a great deal of time thinking about the mysteries of the universe, I've decided to go back to school to learn how to better speak the language of physics. I have several theories and am most interested in conceptual or theoretical physics.

I do not want to prove or disprove things, I want to find people who do thus they may prove or disprove, and I can further theorize based on their results.

These are some of the criteria I'm looking for in a University.

1. They are not so impressed with their awards, and published papers that they teach as though they know all that there is to know about physics, we've barely scratched the surface (I'd like respected professors and alumni, just not arrogant ones)

2. They don't push students to find a job and do whatever the person signing the checks tells them to, this is physics, I want eccentric dreamers.

3. They are not looking at their student body as a way to obtain funding for their own burned out research.

That is the basics I do have a short list of schools I'm looking into but ANY insight anyone may offer would be MOST appreciated.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted