1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Cologne and hair

1. Dec 11, 2004 #1

ShawnD

Science Advisor

Smells tend to stick to hair. If a person smokes cigarettes, you can smell it in their hair. If a person smokes weed, you can smell it in their hair. When somebody gets sprayed by a skunk, the smell stays in their hair the longest.

If smells stay in hair, would it be a good idea to put a small amount of cologne or perfume in one's hair just so the smell is there for a longer period of time? Would there be any weird side effects like the hair changing color, or the scalp drying out?

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 11, 2004 #2
    Why is this in Scepticism and Debunking? Are you taunting Seeking about his avatar's hair?

4. Dec 11, 2004 #3

ShawnD

Science Advisor

Looks like I'm in the wrong forum again. Could somebody move this to general discussion?

5. Dec 11, 2004 #4
    I think this is why many shampoos have a scent. :smile:

6. Dec 12, 2004 #5
    Why don't you just try it out? The worst thing that can happen is a horrible mutation. The best is you smell like a pretty flower.

7. Dec 12, 2004 #6

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

People do that. Spritz a little perfume in the air and sort of duck into it, which gets a light amount in your hair. Personally, I hate perfumes and colognes. The only scent I use is whatever is in the soap and shampoo. But, when I worked in barns often, yep, hair definitely holds the most odors; the moment the hot water would hit my hair... :yuck: I don't miss the free haircuts either...I'd be trying to get a blood sample from one goat, and another would be behind me chewing on the ends of my hair or my shirt tails.

8. Dec 17, 2004 #7

Tsu

Gold Member

Two words for hanging out with goats: Hooded sweatshirts. 'Course they eat those, too, but at least you don't get your hair belched on... :rofl: :rofl:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?