• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

Combination ciruit hw diagram and help pls

• Thread starter jenita
  • Start date
here is the new diagram of combination.....The volatage is 120 and its asking me to find total voltage, resistance, power and current. The resistance is given, its all 3 its asking for voltage, power and current for each bulb///please help me....thanks a looot and the picture for this problem is down please click com.jpg...thanks a loot....

Attachments

Answers and Replies

hage567
Homework Helper
oops sorry the power battery should be at the bottom in the middle sorry about that if u want me to send u another diagram i will.......and i dont no which one is parralel and series....when i combined i got the total resistance of 2.25 A...... i did 9-1 + 3-1= 2.25 A. i will send u another
Resistance is not expressed in Amperes (A), it is expressed in Ohms ([tex]\Omega[/tex]).

You have found the correct value for the total resistance. So, what do you think you can find now knowing that?

ooops sorry about the expressed...typing mistake...after that i got current 53.333

i got total current 53.333 and i have to find for each bulb now

and by the way R1 is the left one, R2 is the top middle one, R3 is the right one and R4 is the top center of the power......for R4 i got 40 A and 120 V since its parallel.....for R1, R2, and R3 i got 13.33A and for their voltage i got 39.99 V for each of them...i am not sure if that is right or not......

hage567
Homework Helper
and by the way R1 is the left one, R2 is the top middle one, R3 is the right one and R4 is the top center of the power......for R4 i got 40 A and 120 V since its parallel.....for R1, R2, and R3 i got 13.33A and for their voltage i got 39.99 V for each of them...i am not sure if that is right or not......
That sounds reasonable to me.

Thank U Sooo Muccccccccccch