1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Combination ciruit hw diagram and help pls

1. Mar 17, 2007 #1
    here is the new diagram of combination.....The volatage is 120 and its asking me to find total voltage, resistance, power and current. The resistance is given, its all 3 its asking for voltage, power and current for each bulb///please help me....thanks a looot and the picture for this problem is down please click com.jpg...thanks a loot....

Attached Files:

• com.JPG
      File size:
      6.6 KB
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 18, 2007 #2

Homework Helper

Resistance is not expressed in Amperes (A), it is expressed in Ohms ([tex]\Omega[/tex]).

You have found the correct value for the total resistance. So, what do you think you can find now knowing that?
  4. Mar 18, 2007 #3
    ooops sorry about the expressed...typing mistake...after that i got current 53.333
  5. Mar 18, 2007 #4
    i got total current 53.333 and i have to find for each bulb now
  6. Mar 18, 2007 #5
    and by the way R1 is the left one, R2 is the top middle one, R3 is the right one and R4 is the top center of the power......for R4 i got 40 A and 120 V since its parallel.....for R1, R2, and R3 i got 13.33A and for their voltage i got 39.99 V for each of them...i am not sure if that is right or not......
  7. Mar 18, 2007 #6

Homework Helper

That sounds reasonable to me.
  8. Mar 18, 2007 #7
    Thank U Sooo Muccccccccccch
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?