Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: Combination ciruit hw diagram and help pls

1. Mar 17, 2007 #1
    here is the new diagram of combination.....The volatage is 120 and its asking me to find total voltage, resistance, power and current. The resistance is given, its all 3 its asking for voltage, power and current for each bulb///please help me....thanks a looot and the picture for this problem is down please click com.jpg...thanks a loot....

Attached Files:

• com.JPG
      com.JPG
      File size:
      6.6 KB
      Views:
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 18, 2007 #2

hage567

Homework Helper

Resistance is not expressed in Amperes (A), it is expressed in Ohms ([tex]\Omega[/tex]).

You have found the correct value for the total resistance. So, what do you think you can find now knowing that?

4. Mar 18, 2007 #3
    ooops sorry about the expressed...typing mistake...after that i got current 53.333

5. Mar 18, 2007 #4
    i got total current 53.333 and i have to find for each bulb now

6. Mar 18, 2007 #5
    and by the way R1 is the left one, R2 is the top middle one, R3 is the right one and R4 is the top center of the power......for R4 i got 40 A and 120 V since its parallel.....for R1, R2, and R3 i got 13.33A and for their voltage i got 39.99 V for each of them...i am not sure if that is right or not......

7. Mar 18, 2007 #6

hage567

Homework Helper

That sounds reasonable to me.

8. Mar 18, 2007 #7
    Thank U Sooo Muccccccccccch

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook