Why Won't My LED Light Up? Troubleshooting a Combination Light Circuit

In summary, the speaker has been working on a breadboard project that requires 8 dip switches to be in the correct combination in order to light an LED. However, the project is not working and the speaker is unsure of the issue. They have checked their logic and believe it to be correct, so the problem must be in the wiring or a faulty IC chip. The speaker is currently too frustrated to continue working on the project and may post a picture of their circuit in a few days if they are still struggling. They apologize for the wasted thread.
GTeclips
I've been working on a breadboard project in which 8 dip switches must be in the right combination in order to light an LED. But it simply refuses to work. I don't exactly know what is happening, so I can't explain the results.

I have triple checked my logic in both my head and on simulation software, and I am confident my logic is correct. So the errors must either lie in my wiring or a faulty IC chip.

*EDIT#1* Sorry, I'm really tired right now and accidentally just delete half my post while trying to edit it, so I will just try to diagram it.

Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
I'm quite frustrated right now. I almost finished making my diagram, all to get an error and have the diagram deleted. So I really just don't care right now. I'm sure I'm just making some stupid mistake that I just need to calm down and think logically about for a day, so I will not be posting any more on this thread.

If I get too annoyed with my circuit in a couple days I may just post a picture of it.

My apologies for the waste of a thread.

1. What is "Combination light trouble"?

"Combination light trouble" refers to a malfunction or issue with the combination lights on a vehicle, which typically include the brake lights, turn signals, and hazard lights.

2. What are the possible causes of combination light trouble?

The most common causes of combination light trouble include blown fuses, faulty bulbs, damaged wiring, and issues with the combination light switch or relay.

3. How can I troubleshoot combination light trouble?

To troubleshoot combination light trouble, you can start by checking the fuses and replacing any that are blown. Next, inspect the bulbs to see if any are burnt out or damaged. If the issue persists, it may be necessary to check the wiring and connections for any damage or corrosion.

4. Can combination light trouble affect the safety of my vehicle?

Yes, combination light trouble can greatly impact the safety of your vehicle. Malfunctioning brake lights, turn signals, or hazard lights can make it difficult for other drivers to anticipate your actions and can increase the risk of accidents.

5. When should I seek professional help for combination light trouble?

If you are unable to identify and fix the issue causing combination light trouble on your own, it is best to seek professional help from a mechanic. They will have the necessary tools and expertise to diagnose and repair the problem effectively.