Combining Formulas: Rearrange Equations for F (No Ev)

• Thread starter gareth01422
  • Start date
In summary, The conversation is a student asking for help in rearranging two equations to have F as the subject and not include Ev. Firelion suggests replacing Eph in both equations and writing the remaining parts as one equation, while another user suggests simply combining the equations to get the desired result. The student thanks both for their help and confirms that it was successful.
gareth01422
Hi guys

I have question in my homework to rearrange 2 equations. see picture attached.

the equation has to have F as the subject and not have Ev in the equation.

Can someone point me in the right direction please

Gareth

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    2.5 KB · Views: 380
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi,
I´ll help you with the first step:
Both formulas express Eph.
So you have to replace Eph in both of them and write the remaining parts as one equation.
Then the rest should be easy.
Greetings,
Firelion

Last edited:
Firelion said:
Hi,
I´ll help you with the first step:
Both formulas express Eph.
So you have to replace Eph in both of them and write the remaining parts as an equation.
Then the rest should be easy.
Greetings,
Firelion

Ah right.

Thanks for the help by the way.

I have attached my first atempt. Is this correct or could you tell me where I have gone wrong?

Gareth

Attachments

• Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    7.3 KB · Views: 355
Maybe what I'm saying is stupid, but can't you simply put them together?
By doing so, you would have:

hc*t/b= h*f
then you can transform it into

f= hc*t / (b*h)

EDIT: pardon me...I haven't seen that someone had already answered...

Seems perfectly correct to me.

Firelion said:
Seems perfectly correct to me.

Brilliant

Thanks for the help guys.

Gareth

1. How do I combine formulas to rearrange equations for F (No Ev)?

The first step in combining formulas to rearrange equations for F (No Ev) is to identify the variables and constants present in the given equations. Then, use the algebraic rules of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division to manipulate the equations and isolate the variable F on one side of the equation. This involves canceling out any common factors and moving terms from one side of the equation to the other. Finally, combine the remaining terms and simplify to get the final equation for F.

2. Can I use any formula to rearrange equations for F (No Ev)?

No, not all formulas can be combined and rearranged to solve for F (No Ev). The given formulas must have a common variable or constant that can be manipulated and isolated to solve for F. It is important to carefully evaluate the given equations and determine if they can be combined and rearranged before attempting to solve for F.

3. Are there any rules or guidelines for combining formulas to rearrange equations for F (No Ev)?

Yes, there are a few rules and guidelines to follow when combining formulas to rearrange equations for F (No Ev). These include maintaining the equality of the equation, only using algebraic operations, and being careful with negative signs. It is also important to double-check the final equation to ensure it is simplified and accurate.

4. Why is it important to rearrange equations for F (No Ev)?

Rearranging equations for F (No Ev) allows us to solve for the specific variable we are interested in, in this case F. It also helps us to better understand the relationship between the different variables and constants in the given equations. Additionally, rearranging equations can be useful in solving real-world problems related to F (No Ev).

5. Can I use a calculator to combine formulas and rearrange equations for F (No Ev)?

Yes, you can use a calculator to assist in the numerical calculations involved in combining formulas and rearranging equations for F (No Ev). However, it is important to understand the algebraic process and not rely solely on the calculator. It is also recommended to double-check the final equation and solution to ensure accuracy.