Come on PFers, I need your shoe size

• Thread starter PRodQuanta
  • Start date
In summary, Paden Roder is a male who is trying to find out his shoe size. He is also trying to trade shoes with someone. He has a date Saturday and needs some strappy black sling-backs. He remembers that Paul McCartney sang "I can smell your feet a mile away..." in the 1970s. Sexual dimorphism is discussed, and it is determined that big feet = big...nevermind.
Sex: Male... last time I checked
Shoe Size: 11 US
Height: 5'10"
Likes: Wining and dining, romantic strolls in the country side and roadkill.

Oops... a little TOO much detail...

Physics news on Phys.org
Male size 13/14 US (I am 6'3" tall so I'm sure if I didn't have big feet I'd fall over).

jcsd said:
Male size 13/14 US (I am 6'3" tall so I'm sure if I didn't have big feet I'd fall over).

Only 6' 3"? :tongue2: I am 6' 6" pushing on 6' 7". :rofl: :biggrin: I really am.

The Bob (2004 ©)

The Bob you are 16 ! Wow you will get huge man !
On the internet, the told me I am 6.23 feet, and yes, I'm glad about large feet too in order not to fall. The essential is to be well proportionned.

About Gza's theory : i agree :wink: and I think another guy in the biology forum would gain much popularity if he tried to test those correlations :tongue2:

humanino said:
The Bob you are 16 ! Wow you will get huge man !

Not too much bigger I hope. :smile:

The Bob (2004 ©)

Sex: Yes please. :smile:
Age: Old enough to know better, but young enough not to care.
Shoe Size: 10.5 US

Is there a correlation between feet size and ... size?
Nah, My feet would be huge. :biggrin:

What correlations ?
If this is genital, I would have a huge left foot, and a tiny right one :rofl:

Well look at all of the Egos around here then. :biggrin:

The Bob (2004 ©)

male 12

I thought 12 was average for males? Maybe we just have big feet here in the midwest.

Evo and Math Is Hard, this is just too funny! I'm a size 8 also! (I'm female too in case anyone has missed my comments on this in previous threads). I did a lot of running around barefoot to those same warnings :rofl:

Just spotted Monique's post that she's a size 8 also! Something tells me your graph for female shoe sizes is going to be a bit boring. A correlation between women's shoe size and liking physics seems to be emerging :tongue:

Last edited:
Moonbear said:
Evo and Math Is Hard, this is just too funny! I'm a size 8 also!

I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT!

Someone go get Tsu!

Math Is Hard said:
I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT!

Someone go get Tsu!
Just watch her be the "odd" one. :rolleyes: :biggrin:

I sure miss her! :cry:

Gza said:
male, size 12 (US).
And for the record: big feet = big...nevermind :blushing: .

:uhh: big feet =
big shoes? :tongue:

humanino said:
and yes, I'm glad about large feet too in order not to fall. The essential is to be well proportionned.
It also helps if your legs are long enough to reach the ground...

Moonbear said:
Evo and Math Is Hard, this is just too funny! I'm a size 8 also! ...Just spotted Monique's post that she's a size 8 also! Something tells me your graph for female shoe sizes is going to be a bit boring. A correlation between women's shoe size and liking physics seems to be emerging :tongue:

Boring ?? :eek: A low Gaussian is boring ! :grumpy: A Dirac-delta distribution :...that's an analyst's wet dream !

Gokul is a geek too :rofl:
That's great :wink:

A Dirac Delta distribution isn't anyone's wet dream... it just means you need to go back and take more data.

Yes, the statistic is poor here :frown:

We still don't have data for Tsunami. And what about Nereid? We have a pretty small sample set of women around here at PF, so every answer counts!

enigma said:
A Dirac Delta distribution isn't anyone's wet dream... it just means you need to go back and take more data.

LOL! If the data support your hypothesis, never attempt to replicate the experiment :rofl: (In case the smiley doesn't make the point, I'm not serious about that statement, it's just a joke going around our lab right now because the lab next to ours is trying to replicate an experiment and some really wacky things have gone wrong on each attempt.)

Male
Size 16

Via PM, I have Tsunami weighing in at a delicate size 7.
Nereid, care to share?
Kat? Mooberry Mars? Adrenaline?

Math Is Hard said:
Via PM, I have Tsunami weighing in at a delicate size 7
Yeah, that's because mom bought her shoes! :cry:

Chaotic42 said:
Male
Size 16
Holy crud! How tall are you??

6'2"

It really depends on the shoe. I can wear a 14 or 15 dress shoe, 16 for tennis shoes and boots, and 17 or 18 for roller skates.

Chaotic42 said:
6'2"

It really depends on the shoe. I can wear a 14 or 15 dress shoe, 16 for tennis shoes and boots, and 17 or 18 for roller skates.
Oh :frown: I was hoping you would be taller with that size feet. There has to be someone taller than me in PF. :smile:

The Bob (2004 ©)

Evo said:
Yeah, that's because mom bought her shoes! :cry:
I may be the 'odd' one, but at least I'm not EVIL! :biggrin: :biggrin:
Evil children don't GET shoes! :devil: :devil: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

p.s. So THIS is where my shoe size was headed! I WONDERED why you were asking me about my SHOE size! MIH, you are a sneaky STINKER! (and I'm PROUD to know you! :rofl: :rofl:)

Last edited:
The Bob said:
Oh :frown: I was hoping you would be taller with that size feet. There has to be someone taller than me in PF. :smile:

I dint catch how tall you are but I am righ up there at 6' 6'' with size 14 shoes.

Miles said:
I dint catch how tall you are but I am righ up there at 6' 6'' with size 14 shoes.

Oh man, yes. He is the same height as me. Wait...*The Bob goes to measure himself*... nope. Still 6' 6". How old are you though?

The Bob (2004 ©)

Male...

The Bob said:
Only 6' 3"? :tongue2: I am 6' 6" pushing on 6' 7". :rofl: :biggrin: I really am.

The Bob (2004 ©)
It's called a good understanding!

size 13 (46 in Birkenstocks)

I've been in PF for a year, and I've never really revealed my sex before, let alone shoe size.

Well, I'm a female with a shoe size of 8! : And I used to think I had large feet. :redface: :tongue2:

recon said:
I've been in PF for a year, and I've never really revealed my sex before, let alone shoe size.

Well, I'm a female with a shoe size of 8! : And I used to think I had large feet. :redface: :tongue2:
You're a girl! Yay! We need more females here. :approve:

recon said:
Well, I'm a female :redface: :tongue2:

Holy mother of @#$$% ! :eek: I hope I haven't referred to you as a 'him' before.

My apologies, if I have.

recon said:
How about that! Now you know you have perfectly average feet!

hmmm... if only we could fatten up Tsu's feet a little...

recon said:

:rofl: Wow! Based on your avatar, which I of course assumed was a photo of yourself :tongue2: , I never guessed you were female! :blushing: Well, yep, seems you're in good company here! So, so far Tsunami is the only odd one here with those dainty little size 7s. :biggrin: