Visit Solon: Art Meets Awe at South Solon Meeting House

• Thread starter turbo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Friends
In summary: Thank you for the invitation, I'm looking forward to it!In summary, Solon has some great attractions, even if you have to hunt for them.
Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks for the invitation Turbo.

Maybe one day, when it all fits.

Hi Turbo

I have nothing to do for the next few weeks, may be i will pop over and see the sights.
Hope you are better now:biggrin:

I would love to go. But I have to take care of the cats.

I'm feeling a bit better. We have scenic overlooks and a few historical places, though in a town this small, don't expect a cultural scene...

My fiance's best friend lives in Belfast, MA. I'm sure I'll be in the area some time! :)

Fascinating art and a fascinating building, thanks Turbo! I've enjoyed the things I've learned about that part of the world from you. Good to hear you're feeling a bit better.

fuzzyfelt said:
Fascinating art and a fascinating building, thanks Turbo! I've enjoyed the things I've learned about that part of the world from you. Good to hear you're feeling a bit better.
The frescoes are incredible. It is pretty impressive to see the art-work in that meeting-house. As pointed out in the article, that meeting-house is unlocked and open 24/7. Just walk in and enjoy. My wife and I have been going there for years, even well before we moved into this area.

turbo said:
The frescoes are incredible. It is pretty impressive to see the art-work in that meeting-house. As pointed out in the article, that meeting-house is unlocked and open 24/7. Just walk in and enjoy. My wife and I have been going there for years, even well before we moved into this area.

They see incredible from the little I could see, and the environment must make it all a wonderful experience! Of course we'd like to visit some time.

What is "Visit Solon: Art Meets Awe at South Solon Meeting House"?

"Visit Solon: Art Meets Awe at South Solon Meeting House" is an event that showcases local artists and their work at the historic South Solon Meeting House in Solon, Maine.

When is the event taking place?

The event will take place on September 12, 2020 from 10am-4pm.

How can I attend the event?

Attendees can purchase tickets at the door or online through the event's website. Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for children under 12.

What types of art will be featured at the event?

The event will feature a variety of art forms including painting, sculpture, photography, and more. There will also be live demonstrations by some of the artists.

Is there anything else to do at the event besides view art?

Yes, there will be food vendors, live music, and a guided tour of the South Solon Meeting House. Attendees can also participate in a raffle for a chance to win artwork from one of the featured artists.