Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Comet 25th may?

1. May 20, 2006 #1
    Hey everyone, I am not sure if this is the right place to post, but here, it says that a commet will hit earth on my 25th (in 4 days), and exactly, the atlantic ocean. That means, it will cause a mega tsunami... Everyone is talking about that here in Morocco (since "we are the first ones to be hit") Can anyone provide any scientific explanation to that ? is it true at all ?
    Here is the link : http://exodus2006.com/cometfrags/Eric-Julien-25-MAY.htm
    If you use google and search for "tsunami may 25th", you'll get a lots of results, and forums talking about that.
    Thank you
  2. jcsd
  3. May 20, 2006 #2

Gold Member

An article that cites crop circles as evidence for an alien invasion and a meteor strike isn't exactly what I would call credible.
  4. May 20, 2006 #3
    I think we need to start a FAQ for our members about "how to identify obvious crackpots". In my opinion, it's an essential skill to be able to identify crazy nonsense as such, and not spend hours worrying about what some anonymous netuser wrote from his basement iMac.
  5. May 20, 2006 #4

Gold Member

thats always a good one

a lot of health-related things but still a good anti-crackpot site.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?