Love Comics?

• Yes

Votes: 21 70.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 30.0%

• Total voters
gursikh11

Main Question or Discussion Point

How many of you like love to read comics?

Answers and Replies

Drakkith
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
I enjoy a good comic now and then. Mostly Iron Man.

RunSwimSurf
Gold Member
Calvin and Hobbes all day, every day

macnin
When i am bored i love to read comics.i make me relax from hectic schedule

My own favorite was always comics that blended reality with fantasy in a unique way. "Herbie, The Fat Fury" , "E-Man" and of course the more recently "Howard The Duck" come to mind.
Mathal

Borek
Mentor
Everything with Goscinny as a co-author. Chninkel. Lately Jerz Jeży (in Polish only, but with English wikipedia page).

Curious3141
Homework Helper
Everything with Goscinny as a co-author.
I know, right? The ones with Uderzo doing the writing and illustrating were a little trite, almost as if it didn't come naturally to Uderzo and he was trying too hard.

Then again, I only read the English translations by Anthea Bell and Derek Hockridge, so I don't know how much of the humour was in the French originals and how much was injected by the English translators. Hilarious, anyway. :biggrin:

I haven't been interested in comics for years, but since Occupy Wall Street began I've been reading a lot of comics coming out of that movement. Its like watching the evolution of a brain storming session that never ends as they struggle to find the most effective way to express themselves and get their message across to people. They've already made 99% a household term and I can't help but wonder how many more contributions to the lexicon they might make.

Do webcomics count? Because I read oodles of those, but I've never read a comic book before.

turbo
Gold Member
I read the comics in the daily paper - all except the execrable Mark Trail. The author knows NOTHING about wilderness, fish, or game, and makes a mess of everything he writes about. I wish we still had Calvin and Hobbes, and I'd love to have a daily dose of Fraz, too. At least the paper got rid of Nancy a couple of years back and they only feature Dennis the Menace in the colored Sunday comics.

My brother gave my girlfriend a book of cartoons, mostly without captions. It's called The Frank Book. Way Weird! Manhog, etc. Might be like early Matt Groening?

phinds
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
2019 Award
I read Doonesbury and Dilbert most days. Used to read the Sunday funnies years ago when I got a large big-city newspaper.

Containment
I used to like them but the ones in the papers are generally for the most part too simplistic for me to enjoy anymore. I never really got into superhero type comics but that was mostly because I had TV cartoon shows to watch instead as a kid. If you like comics I can't remember the sites name but it lets you make and view other peoples comics. Ok figured out what it's called though I haven't used it in forever (pixton) is the sites name. I remember when I used it that it would be a great site for teaching things as you can easily make diagrams ect with the tools it gives.

burklegirl
I don't think I'd ever attend a Comic-Con anytime soon, but I do love my fair-share of comics :-D.

I'm personally a big fan of the Marvel comics. I prefer the classic ones, but I'm quite open to my comic taste overall.

DaveC426913
Gold Member
XKCD. The comic to end all comics.

I like to read comics very much.

Hepth
Gold Member
dane cook

...did i do that right?