Coming Back Again in South CA!

• Thread starter Clausius2
  • Start date
In summary: I have to get used to a new time zone, food, climate, everything. It is not easy. In summary, coming back again has been an amazing experience. I have learned so much about America and the people here. I can't wait to share more of my experiences with you all in the future.
Clausius2
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Coming Back Again!

Hi Everyone!

Before all, thanks for those supported me in my last thread (thanx to Moses!).

I'm alive, and I'm here nearer you in South CA!. Great experience!. I will tell you my experiences, but now I have to leave to have some beers with some friends... :rofl: :biggrin: :wink:

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome back!

It's about time you resurfaced!

We've been needing your thermodynamics expertise. :biggrin:

Go enjoy - muchas cervezas!

Welcome back, friend Clausius!

This is strange, I was wondering what was going on with you about an hour ago. Good to hear that you are ok!

Welcome back Clausius! We've missed you!

Welcome back and glad you're having a good experience with your move!

Welcome back Javier! :smile:
As I see you've changed alot!(your avatar) :wink:

Welcome to (the United States of) America! Glad you're safe and having fun. Cheers! :biggrin:

Welcome back, Clausius2!
Don't do anything I would not have done..

Hello clausius, I like you colorful avatar. it looks so much fun.:biggrin:

Glad you had a safe trip! Sounds like your settled in and haveing fun! We missed you

welcome back!

arildno said:
Don't do anything I would not have done..
Not very many restrictions, is there? :rolleyes:

Welcome back Clausius2

I`m glade your relocation was succesful.

Thanx everyone (thanx also to mattmns for missing me during only one hour :rofl: ),

My time of writting here is going to be reduced drastically compared with what I used to do. Now I haven't got internet in home (I have to contract it) and I am very busy with the Ph.D. courses and setting up everything. So I think I am going definitely to loose my eng-guru standing. :cry:

Anyway I am discovering how is america and americans, and I want to share with you my feelings in future posts.

PS: How about that bbq, astro? :biggrin:

Clausius2 said:
How about that bbq, astro? :biggrin:
I'll let you know as soon as I know when I am headed out your way, and we can BBQ, Mexican, Italian, and a few others.

Clausius2 said:
Thanx everyone (thanx also to mattmns for missing me during only one hour :rofl: ),

My time of writting here is going to be reduced drastically compared with what I used to do. Now I haven't got internet in home (I have to contract it) and I am very busy with the Ph.D. courses and setting up everything. So I think I am going definitely to loose my eng-guru standing. :cry:

Anyway I am discovering how is america and americans, and I want to share with you my feelings in future posts.

PS: How about that bbq, astro? :biggrin:
Hey, How's it going?

I remember a while ago you mentioned you would be making a move, and now here you are! How do you like it so far? The U.S. is a big place and there are lots of different kinds of people here. What part of the country are you in? I'm curious to hear how you feel about it, but mostly I hope you are enjoying yourself.

Welcome Back.

I too would love to hear your thoughts on our country! Both good and bad.

Nice to have you back, dude.

Welcome back, and welcome to California.
Hope everything has gone well.

One of these days we need to do a PF Beach Party somewhere from SD to LA. :biggrin:

I do want to be in that party!

Well, to say the truth the main characteristic I have noticed in the american people is that they are very very more polite than for instance spanish people, and I would dare to say that any european people. Here you hear a "sorry" or "excuses" for things which would be ignored in let's say Spain. There are plenty of things completely different of Spain. Although they are not very important. Anyway, although I have little money here and less meal to eat, my way of life in SD is much better than the way of life I had in Spain. Here the people is willing to help you wherever you are, not so in Spain. Also the landscape of San Diego is incredible. I now understand that the movies are not so far of what you truly are. I have tons of things to tell you about my 18 days in USA, but little time. I hope to have internet as soon as possible in my home, so I will have more time available to share with you my thoughts. To sum up, I like this.

On the other hand, and due to the fact this forum is about science, I have to say that all the brains (titular professors) in my aisle are not any of them native americans. So keep an eye on what you are doing with your scholars. Also the majority of the grad students are not also americans. Think of it.

Also, to be sincere, we spaniards have a great image in this MAE department. And it is due to my undergrad advisor, who was a former ph.d. by here and belongs to a legendary generation which prestige is now heritaged by us, and it weighs a lot by the way.

Regards.

Welcome back! Who are you, again? :confused: :wink:

Clausius2 said:
To sum up, I like this..
Woohoo! Nice job, San Diegans. :biggrin:

What is the purpose of "Coming Back Again in South CA!"?

The purpose of "Coming Back Again in South CA!" is to provide information and resources for individuals looking to return to Southern California after being away for an extended period of time.

Who is the target audience for "Coming Back Again in South CA!"?

The target audience for "Coming Back Again in South CA!" is anyone who has previously lived in Southern California and is considering moving back to the area.

What type of information is included in "Coming Back Again in South CA!"?

"Coming Back Again in South CA!" includes information on housing, employment opportunities, cost of living, transportation, and other important aspects of living in Southern California.

Is "Coming Back Again in South CA!" only for people who have lived in Southern California before?

No, while "Coming Back Again in South CA!" is primarily targeted towards individuals who have previously lived in Southern California, it can also be a helpful resource for anyone considering a move to the area.

Are the resources provided in "Coming Back Again in South CA!" specific to a certain area within Southern California?

Yes, the resources provided in "Coming Back Again in South CA!" are specific to the general Southern California area and may vary depending on the exact location. It is recommended to research and gather additional information specific to the desired location within Southern California.