Coming back.

Hello, PF, my name is Jacob. I posted once before but never really dove into the physics community as I wanted to. I've had a passion for astronomy since I was a young boy but recently found an interest in physics despite having a hard time with mathematics growing up. I joined the Marines after high school did security work after discharge, so now that I'm 23 and only have an understanding of algebra 2, I'm playing a serious game of catch up if I want to eventually get a higher degree in astrophysics and study other natural sciences. In joining PF, I hope to get a better understanding in the sciences and hopefully better get affiliated with a community instead of trying and failing at self study as I have been. Any advice on how to start improving my knowledge would be helpful beyond words. Thank you!

phinds

Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
Welcome to the forum. I suggest a post in the Academic Guidance forum here.

Thank you, phinds. I'm sure that would be a good place to start out.

Is there a way to get a valid forum id? I keep getting a message any time I try and access certain threads or post a comment and has posed a nuisance to say the least.

phinds

Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
Is there a way to get a valid forum id? I keep getting a message any time I try and access certain threads or post a comment and has posed a nuisance to say the least.
Don't understand what you mean. Are you logged in when you access the threads? I don't know what a "valid forum id" would even look like and I don't believe there is such a thing.

Evo

Mentor
What do the messages say? Are you posting to old locked threads?

I may be. Still new to posting in a forum. I've just tried responding in some threads of interest. My apologies for the sternness of my last post. Just a bit frustrating retyping messages multiple times.