Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Comment by McCain on JFK

1. Nov 17, 2008 #1
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 17, 2008 #2

LowlyPion

Homework Helper

McCain was referencing the assassination of Kennedy. Now that was in November of 1963, so one has to wonder if Goldwater and Kennedy were already planning debates before either were nominated by their nominating conventions that were not held until the following summer. I have my doubts.

But if that was the only misrepresentation the Republicans had proffered during the election it would have been a remarkable election indeed.

4. Nov 17, 2008 #3
    I've never heard the JFK assassination called an intervention before. I'm not big conspiracy guy, but when I heard McCain say 'intervention' and watched his body language following the comment... conspiracy theory was my first thought.

5. Nov 17, 2008 #4
    McCain's slip might be innocent. he makes a lot of them and even has trouble keeping his tongue in his mouth these days.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2008
  6. Nov 17, 2008 #5

LowlyPion

Homework Helper

I only saw it as events that intervened and prevented JFK from following up on this alleged agreement. It was hardly any nod to a conspiracy that I could see.

7. Nov 17, 2008 #6

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

I see no reason to think that it was anything more than a misspeak.

8. Nov 18, 2008 #7
    i agree but how do you mispeak "intervention" from "assassination"????????????????

9. Nov 18, 2008 #8

Art

IMO 'much ado about nothing'

10. Nov 18, 2008 #9

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Since the thread is going off topic, OT posts deleted and thread closed.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?