Comment on Articles: Procedure & Log-in Requirements

• Thread starter Stephen Tashi
  • Start date
  • Tags
    articles
In summary, the procedure for commenting on articles is to click the link that says "I must be logged-in to comment" at the end of the article. However, there may be issues with the insights page recognizing users as logged in and in that case, logging out, clearing the cache, and logging in again may help. Alternatively, you can go to the forum thread and reply there. The link to the forum thread is usually a blue button labeled "Discuss in the Community" located at the bottom of the article, above the author information box. However, some older posts may not have this button.
Stephen Tashi
Science Advisor
What's the procedure for commenting on articles?

At the end of comments to an article, I see a link that says I must be logged-in to comment. When I click that link, the same page reappears. (And I'm already logged-in, in the sense that my "alerts" are shown when I'm on the physicsforums home page.)

Physics news on Phys.org
The insights page sometimes doesn't recognize users as logged in properly. Sometimes logging out, clearing the cache and logging in again helps.
You can always go to the forum thread and reply there.

Where is the link in the article to the forum thread?

There should usually be a blue button at the bottom of the text (right above the author information box) that says "Discuss in the Community." Some older posts may be lacking the button, however.

What is the purpose of commenting on articles?

Commenting on articles allows readers to engage in discussions and share their thoughts and opinions on the content. It also provides valuable feedback for the author and other readers.

How do I comment on an article?

To comment on an article, you will need to create an account and log in. Once logged in, you can navigate to the comment section below the article and enter your comment in the provided field. Some websites may also allow you to comment using your social media accounts.

Do I have to provide personal information to comment on articles?

In most cases, you will need to create an account using your email address to comment on articles. This is to ensure that the comments are coming from real individuals and not automated spam. However, your personal information will not be visible to other readers.

Can I edit or delete my comments?

Typically, you can edit or delete your comments within a certain time frame after posting. However, this may vary depending on the website's policies. If you need to make changes to your comment after the time frame has passed, you can contact the website's administrator for assistance.

What are the log-in requirements for commenting on articles?

The log-in requirements may vary depending on the website. Some may require a username and password, while others may allow you to log in using your social media accounts. In most cases, you will need to provide a valid email address to create an account and verify your identity.