Commenting on Insights - Do You Need a Login?

• Thread starter bob012345
  • Start date
In summary, to comment on Insights, you need to be an Insights author. This means that you can only comment directly under the Insights article or through the corresponding forum thread. There may be some issues with the integration between WordPress and the forum software, so it is recommended to use the forum thread for commenting.
bob012345
Gold Member
Is there a separate login or permission status necessary to comment on Insights? It won't let me even when I am logged in.

Physics news on Phys.org
I believe you need to have been an Insights author to be able to comment. IIRC, I'm not able to comment on them either, even as a Mentor.

(but I could be wrong about that)

Likes bob012345
You should be able to find a comment thread in the forums with the same name as the Insight, and you should be able to post there (unless it's been closed). I seem to recall Greg commenting that the integration between WordPress and the forum software is a bit finnicky.

Likes mfb
berkeman said:
I believe you need to have been an Insights author to be able to comment. IIRC, I'm not able to comment on them either, even as a Mentor.

(but I could be wrong about that)
No, you are not. Only Insights authors can comment directly under the Insights. That is why there are comment threads for each article. In fact, if you are an Insights author and comment in the thread in the forums, your comment is copied to the Insights article.

• Informative
Likes dlgoff, berkeman and phinds
Insights articles used to have a link at a bottom to the corresponding forum thread. It seems like this practice should be re-instated, especially if most readers are unable to comment via the Wordpress interface.

Likes jim mcnamara and weirdoguy

1. What is the purpose of commenting on insights?

Commenting on insights allows users to share their thoughts and opinions on a particular topic or research, fostering a discussion and furthering understanding in the scientific community.

2. Do I need a login to comment on insights?

Yes, in most cases, a login is required to comment on insights. This helps to ensure that the comments are coming from legitimate sources and allows for better moderation of the discussion.

3. How do I create a login for commenting on insights?

The process for creating a login may vary depending on the platform or website. Generally, you will need to provide an email address and create a password to register for a login.

4. Can I comment anonymously on insights?

In some cases, there may be an option to comment anonymously. However, it is important to note that anonymous comments may not hold as much weight in the scientific community and may not be as well-received.

5. Are there any guidelines for commenting on insights?

Yes, it is important to follow proper etiquette and guidelines when commenting on insights. This includes staying on topic, using respectful language, and providing evidence or sources to support your comments.