Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Bug Comments on Insights

1. Jun 3, 2016 #1

Ygggdrasil

Science Advisor

For the Insight articles, I noticed that the comments on the Wordpress side of the site do not correctly process BBCode written on the forum side of the site. For example, see some of the later comments on https://www.physicsforums.com/insights/when-did-mitochondria-evolve/

The url tags are showing on the Wordpress site, which messes up the hyperlink.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 3, 2016 #2
    Thanks, I'll report it to the bridge dev

4. Jun 27, 2016 #3
    Re bugs in Insight comments, I have been unable to comment on any Insight articles because the blog erroneously thinks I am not signed in, even though I signed into PF as usual. Is there something extra I have to do? Is anyone else experiencing this problem? (I am using the Chrome browser.)

5. Jul 3, 2016 #4

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

If you sign in on the insights page, does it keep you signed in?

6. Jul 3, 2016 #5
    I don't see a place to sign in on the Insights page. There's a place to "register," but that asks you to enter info for a new account. In fact, if I have already signed in on the main PF page, the "register" option on the Insights page doesn't do anything, at all. I've tried first going to Insights, then to PF to sign in, then back to Insights, but Insights still doesn't recognize me -- or at least won't let me vote or comment.

7. Jul 3, 2016 #6

Drakkith

You appear to be correct. I logged out and now I do not see a place to login at. This also logs me out of the forums. This is probably something @Greg Bernhardt would have to look into.

8. Jul 4, 2016 #7
    Okay, thanks.

9. Jul 4, 2016 #8
    Actually, I just discovered that the "Discuss in the Community" button at the end of an Insights article gives me access to the comments. That resolves my main concern. (I still can't figure out how to vote on the article, though.)

10. Jul 4, 2016 #9

Drakkith

I believe you just click on the stars that show up at the top. I just did that on an insights article and it saved my vote.

11. Jul 5, 2016 #10
    That doesn't work for me, for some reason. Clicking on a star does nothing, at all. It does seem that Insights "forgets" I'm signed in. Maybe it's some sort of browser setting that I have??

12. Jul 5, 2016 #11

Drakkith

I say you just delete windows. Nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure. :rolleyes:

But seriously, I have no idea. :sorry:

13. Jul 5, 2016 #12
    Maybe it's because I recently upgraded to Windows 10. Wouldn't be surprised. :cool:

14. Jul 5, 2016 #13

Drakkith

In that case your computer was already nuked from orbit. Sorry for your loss... :biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted