How Can I Design a Commercial Trash Compactor Using Solidworks?

• Thread starter beho86
  • Start date
In summary, the best way to design a commercial trash compactor on Solidworks is by creating a 3D model and individual components, and using simulation tools to ensure structural integrity.
beho86
Hello Guys,
I am trying to design a commercial trash compactor with the following requirement: Capacity is 50 gallons , Compression Ratio is 20 to 1 , ram force 7 tons, cycle time is 20 seconds, Suggested dimensions 34" W, 22"D, 18"H

I found this online: http://www.wastecare.com/Products-S...ompactor_Commercial_Mobile_Specifications.htm

I need to design it on Solidworks, but I couldn't find any blueprints for the internal components, so I can start the design.

Thanks in advance,

Engineering news on Phys.org
The best way to design a commercial trash compactor in Solidworks is by using a 3D CAD software. You will first need to create a 3D model of the compactor and then create individual components that will make up the entire assembly. Once you have the 3D model and components created, you can then begin to assemble them into a complete product. You may also need to add additional details such as rivets, bolts, and other fasteners in order to hold the components together in the finished product. Additionally, you can use the Solidworks simulation tools to test the structural integrity and performance of the compactor before committing to a final design.

1. What is a commercial trash compactor?

A commercial trash compactor is a large machine that compresses and crushes waste materials, such as cardboard, plastic, and other types of trash into smaller, more manageable sizes. It is commonly used in businesses, restaurants, and other commercial settings to reduce the volume of trash and save space.

2. How does a commercial trash compactor work?

A commercial trash compactor works by using a hydraulic ram to compress the trash into a smaller size. The waste is loaded into the compactor, and the ram pushes it against a metal plate, crushing it and reducing its volume. The compacted trash is then ejected into a dumpster or bin for disposal.

3. What are the benefits of using a commercial trash compactor?

There are several benefits of using a commercial trash compactor, including reducing the volume of waste, saving space, and improving overall waste management. It can also help to reduce the number of trips needed to empty the trash, which can save time and labor costs. Additionally, compacted trash takes up less space in landfills, reducing the environmental impact.

4. How do I choose the right commercial trash compactor for my business?

When choosing a commercial trash compactor, it is essential to consider the amount and type of waste your business generates, the available space for the compactor, and your budget. You should also look for a compactor that is durable, easy to use, and has a good warranty.

5. Are there any safety concerns with using a commercial trash compactor?

While commercial trash compactors are generally safe to use, there are a few safety precautions to keep in mind. Always read and follow the manufacturer's instructions for proper operation. Only trained and authorized personnel should operate the compactor. It is also important to keep hands and clothing away from the compactor's moving parts and to regularly inspect and maintain the machine for any potential hazards.