Common emitter amplifier circuit using feedback biasing

In summary, the speaker does not have a good understanding of analog basics but attempted to learn from books. However, the books they found used voltage divider biasing instead of feedback biasing. They then shared a circuit and asked for an explanation of the current flow and how gain is possible. The response provided a summary of the current flow in the circuit, mentioning that in DC the capacitors are open circuits and giving equations for the current in Rc and Rb. It also mentioned that the circuit is a common emitter and assumptions were made about its biasing.
denian
i don't have the basic of analog, but i tried to look for in the books. unfortunately, the books are using voltage divider biasing instead of feedback biasing.

i have a circuit like this:

http://www.mrnerdy.com/forum_img/BJTampfeedbackbiase.jpg

would anyone tell me the flow of the current in the circuit, and made gain possible?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
In DC, the caps are open circuits. Rc's current is given by

[tex]I = \frac {V_2 - V_c}{R_c}[/tex]

Current going through Rb is given by

[tex]I_b = \frac {V_c - V_b}{R_b}[/tex]

Since this is common emitter, then [itex]V_e = 0[/itex], then assume its forward biased then [itex]V_b = 0.7[/itex].

Current going into the collector is

[tex]I-I_b = \beta I_b[/tex]

I appreciate your efforts to learn about this circuit and its operation. The common emitter amplifier circuit using feedback biasing is a type of transistor amplifier that uses a feedback network to bias the transistor in a stable and predictable manner. This type of biasing is often preferred over voltage divider biasing because it provides better stability and allows for more precise control of the biasing conditions.

The flow of current in this circuit can be described as follows: The input signal is applied to the base of the transistor, causing a small amount of current to flow from the collector to the emitter. This current is amplified by the transistor and then fed back to the base through the feedback network. The feedback network, which typically consists of resistors, helps to stabilize the biasing conditions and improve the overall performance of the amplifier.

The gain of the amplifier is made possible by the transistor's ability to amplify the small input signal. This is achieved through the transistor's characteristic of controlling a larger amount of current flowing from the collector to the emitter based on the small current at the base. The feedback network also plays a role in the gain by controlling the amount of current that is fed back to the base. By carefully selecting the values of the resistors in the feedback network, the gain of the amplifier can be adjusted to meet the desired specifications.

I hope this explanation has helped you understand the basic operation of the common emitter amplifier circuit using feedback biasing. It is a complex but powerful circuit that is widely used in electronic devices and systems. If you continue to study and learn about analog circuits, I am sure you will gain a better understanding of this and other important circuits.

1. What is a common emitter amplifier circuit?

A common emitter amplifier circuit is a type of electronic circuit that is used to amplify small signals. It consists of a transistor, resistors, and capacitors, and is commonly used in audio and radio frequency applications.

2. What is feedback biasing in a common emitter amplifier circuit?

Feedback biasing is a technique used to provide a stable and constant bias voltage to the transistor in a common emitter amplifier circuit. This helps to maintain the amplifier's operating point and improve its stability and linearity.

3. How does feedback biasing affect the performance of a common emitter amplifier circuit?

Feedback biasing can improve the performance of a common emitter amplifier circuit by reducing distortion, increasing the gain, and improving the frequency response. It also helps to reduce the sensitivity of the circuit to changes in temperature and transistor characteristics.

4. What are the advantages of using feedback biasing in a common emitter amplifier circuit?

Some of the advantages of using feedback biasing in a common emitter amplifier circuit include improved stability and linearity, reduced distortion, and increased gain. It also allows for better control over the amplifier's operating point and can help to minimize the effects of temperature and transistor variations.

5. Are there any disadvantages to using feedback biasing in a common emitter amplifier circuit?

One potential disadvantage of feedback biasing is that it can introduce noise into the circuit, which may affect the overall performance. It also requires additional components and can be more complex to design and troubleshoot compared to other biasing methods.