1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Communications Sysytems

1. Aug 11, 2011 #1
    Hi All,

Please find the question in the attachment.

I would like to know if the intergration I have done is correct. If the intergration is correct I am not sure how to approach the rest of the question.

If someone can point me in the right direction to solves this I would appricate the help.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 11, 2011 #2

Zryn

Gold Member

In the 2nd line you have written all three 'w' symbols with the subscript '0', and only two should be (this is just a written error, your math is fine).

In the 3rd line, when you integrate e^(k*x) you should get 1/k * e^(k*x), and if you were to differentiate the result with respect to x you would get k * 1/k * e^(k*x) = e^(k*x), thus proving the initial result is correct.

It looks like you have integrated e^(k*x) and gotten 1/(k*x) * e^(k*x) in both cases.

4. Aug 13, 2011 #3
    I have had another look taking in to concideration what you have said and the answer is in the attachment. Hopefully someone can let e know if I have done this correctly

Cheers

Attached Files:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook