Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Community College advice

1. Feb 19, 2005 #1
    hey.. am considering going to this community college in summer for doing my precalculus course... that way, my HS will be able to give me credit for it, enabling me to do a calculus course next academic year..

I wanted to know how community colleges are in general ?? are they good or should they be avoided?

thanks much...

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 19, 2005 #2
    The one course I took at community college was not too good. It was not a math course however. Does your high school offer summer school in precalc? that might actually be a better way. I did this with geometry.

4. Feb 19, 2005 #3
    See if your teachers or people at the office can refer to anyone that can give you recomendations on community colleges in the area. You can take a course and take calc during high school, but it seems like you want to make sure you take a good precalc course :)

5. Feb 19, 2005 #4
    they offer precalc in summer school but they dont give me credit for it which means that i would still have to do precalc for a whole year ..

well im thinking that a proper understanding of the material taught in precalculus is essential to be good at calculus.. hence, i want to make sure that the course i take is good !

6. Feb 20, 2005 #5
    Check to see if a good professor is teaching it. Try ratemyprofessor.com or something similiar.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook