1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Schools Community College

  1. Oct 8, 2016 #1
    Anyone on here do an Associate's in Physics at a C.C.? Was the cost worth the knowledge you gained? Or would self learning have been the way to go? Thanks.
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 8, 2016 #2


    User Avatar
    Education Advisor
    Gold Member

    I went to community college and transferred to university for physics.

    What do you intend to do with an associates in physics? It would probably take three years to get, assuming you need remedial courses in mathematics. Do you plan to transfer to university, go to graduate school?
  4. Oct 8, 2016 #3


    User Avatar
    Homework Helper
    Education Advisor
    Gold Member

    Associate Degree in Physics would be most typical a set of courses to be able to continue onto most undergraduate science or engineering educations. Nearly all such undergraduate degrees require Calculus 1,2,3; one year of General Chemistry, Beginning Physics series of courses on Mechanics, Electricity & Magnetism, and "Modern Physics"; and maybe one or two Biology intro courses. That is typically what you would have taken to earn the A.A. degree in (for example) Physics.

    Expect the A.A. degree to also include maybe one combination course of linear algebra and differential equations.
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted