Compassion versus Military Action - Which Will End Global Terrorism?

In summary, the conversation discusses a report about Cheney asking for attack plans on Iran and the implications of preemptive action. The individuals have different views on whether preemptive action or responding to an attack is the best approach. They also discuss the motives behind the US foreign policy and the impact on global perception. There is also a discussion on the psychological effects of preemptive action and the potential consequences of such actions. The conversation highlights the divide in opinions and approaches to handling potential threats from Iran.
outsider said:
what vehicles are you talkin bout?
The volkswagons.
He will need to make some concessions on his beliefs as it's not likely organic food will exist for him to support...
You don't think organic food will exist in 10 years?

again, most people are not smart... but everyone gets hungry...

Choice is there for those who can afford it... everyone else will be shopping at walmart and costco :yuck:
once again, what's your point?

Physics news on Phys.org
Smurf said:
once again, what's your point?
like any smart person, a sever distrust for the genetic and chemical engineering of nature.
you asked this... so i said.. most people are not smart... but everyone gets hungry... world's population will continue to grow... hence the need for vast amounts of food... no choice, so we will have to eat genetically modified foods that can grow faster, larger and tastier... and since there will be no real organic alternatives, Dr. Suzuki, who you said would never support genetically altered foods, will have to make concessions to continue to help humanity...

You started the suppository statements, so I was just playing along... nevermind... let's get back to how compassion will end global terrorism vs militia.

What? You think there's not enough food in the world? Honestly? Look around you man! We're paying farmers not to grow more food because we have too much! The problem is distribution, not growth methods. It's not hard to grow food and unless you can give them wings GMing them isn't going to fix any problems.

Smurf said:
Yeah! Then in 20 years we have to come up with a real plan because we've destroyed the planet and the insurgency is now fighting for a few miles of clean land to grow food on.
let's just say that I was playing along with this... never expected to clarify it for you so that we'd make it into a discussion :bugeye:

Smurf said:
What? You think there's not enough food in the world? Honestly? Look around you man! We're paying farmers not to grow more food because we have too much! The problem is distribution, not growth methods. It's not hard to grow food and unless you can give them wings GMing them isn't going to fix any problems.
This is relevant to the thread.

When the cheap energy (fossil fuels) is gone, food will need to be produced locally. Eliminating hunger is compassion. I know this because my children are much happier when I feed them. :biggrin:

Gary Hart in his essay "The Fourth Power" talks about switching from a consumption based economy, to a production based economy. I never did any further research into the topic, but I think I will now because he may just be on to something.

Skyhunter said:
This is relevant to the thread.

When the cheap energy (fossil fuels) is gone, food will need to be produced locally. Eliminating hunger is compassion. I know this because my children are much happier when I feed them. :biggrin:

Gary Hart in his essay "The Fourth Power" talks about switching from a consumption based economy, to a production based economy. I never did any further research into the topic, but I think I will now because he may just be on to something.
Well, the Kushi Foundation stated they did research into increasing crops 4 fold by mixed cropping with organic seed but I doubt Monsanto will fund any further research into this.

You'll also find a theoretical approach to desert recovery in One World.

Clearly compassion will end the circle of madness... if everyone understood how pointless capitalism is... then we would all have fun playing internet games all day... going for jogs... doing regular jobs... eat decent meals and sleep a full 8hrs every night (except for PFers who are on 25hrs a day).

I'm on a 16 hour day right now actually. I sleep twice a day and PF inbetween.