Compilation Error: Missing iostream Library?

• Thread starter mkbh_10
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Linux
In summary, The conversation is about a problem with a program and its errors. The person is asking for help in identifying the issue, but the expert advises them to learn to read and understand error messages. The expert also points out that the error is mentioned in one of the messages and suggests a change in the code to fix it.
mkbh_10

Homework Statement

I have uploaded the pic of the program and the errors shown , tell me where the problem is ?

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

http://i52.tinypic.com/67mpg4.png

Physics news on Phys.org
You won't always have other people to help you with these problems. You need to learn to read and understand those error messages. What do you think the error is? The problem is right there in one of the error messages. The biggest challenge in reading those messages is filtering out the secondary messages that result as a consequence of the real error.

it says iostream.h , no such file or directory , i don't know the reason for this error

Because there is no such thing as an include file named iostream.h.

Change
#include <iostream.h>
to
#include <iostream>

What is a compilation problem in Linux?

A compilation problem in Linux refers to an issue that occurs during the process of converting source code into machine-readable instructions. This can happen due to various reasons, such as errors in the code, missing dependencies, or incompatible libraries.

How do I troubleshoot a compilation problem in Linux?

To troubleshoot a compilation problem in Linux, you can start by carefully reviewing the error messages and checking for any typos or syntax errors in the code. You can also try using a debugger tool to identify the specific line of code causing the issue. Additionally, checking for missing dependencies and updating incompatible libraries can also help resolve the problem.

What is the difference between a compilation problem and a runtime error?

A compilation problem occurs during the compilation phase, before the code is executed, while a runtime error occurs during the execution of the code. Compilation problems are typically caused by issues with the code or its dependencies, while runtime errors can also be caused by issues with the system or user input.

How can I prevent compilation problems in Linux?

To prevent compilation problems in Linux, it is important to carefully review and test your code before attempting to compile it. Using a version control system can also help keep track of changes and revert back to a working version if needed. Additionally, regularly updating and maintaining dependencies and libraries can also help avoid compatibility issues.

Are there any tools or resources that can help with compilation problems in Linux?

Yes, there are many tools and resources available to help with compilation problems in Linux. Some popular tools include GCC, Clang, and Make for compiling code, and GDB for debugging. Online forums and communities also provide a platform to seek help and advice from experienced developers when facing compilation issues.