Complementary Associations Theory

• Thread starter Doron Shadmi
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Theory
In summary, the conversation is about an approach for defining a number based on the complementary concept, with the speaker asking for feedback and addressing potential issues raised by the other person. They discuss the assumption that q and p are not equal and the need for a stepwise logical presentation.
Doron Shadmi
Hello Dear people,

In the attached address you can find A new approach for the definition of a NUMBER, which is based on the complementary
concept: http://www.geocities.com/complementarytheory/CATpage.html

I'll appreciate your remarks and insights.

Thank you.

Yours,

Doron

Physics news on Phys.org
Nice pic

I'll appreciate your remarks and insights.
What do I think?
Nice pic, shame about the rest!

The One

Hi the one,
..., shame about the rest!
Please be more specific.

Yours,

Doron

Dear Doron,

Let me tell you that your abstract is even bound with problems... Let's dissect it, shall we?

A and B are sets.

q and p are numbers of R (the set of all real numbers).

No problem here. Maybe you should add "suppose" and change the second assumption so it becomes:

suppose A and B are sets.

suppose q and p are real numbers.

Now here lies the first problem:

Option 1: q and p are members of A , but then q is not equal to p .

By saying "option 1", do you mean "case 1"?

Btw let me tell you that you didn't mention anywhere that p is not equal q, so we cannot say "then q is not equal to p".

Let me give you an example.

suppose q and p are real numbers.

Now, q and p can both be 7, can't they (because there are no restrictions). Which means if a set A contains p, then A contains q. That means...

q and p are members of A

Which is case 1. But they are not different! So we CANNOT conclude that

but then q is not equal to p

You should address this problem before we continue the rest. You MAY have a great and revolutionary idea (which, I'm so sorry to say that I doubt), but you need to present it in a stepwise logical manner.

Did you mean:

suppose q and p are real numbers, with p not equal q.

Please reply

Thank you

Last edited:

What is Complementary Associations Theory?

Complementary Associations Theory is a psychological theory that suggests people are attracted to others who possess qualities that are complementary to their own, rather than similar. This can include personality traits, skills, and abilities.

How does Complementary Associations Theory explain attraction?

According to Complementary Associations Theory, people are attracted to others who possess qualities that they themselves lack. This creates a balance in the relationship and allows individuals to complement each other's strengths and weaknesses.

Is Complementary Associations Theory supported by research?

Yes, there is evidence to support Complementary Associations Theory. Studies have shown that people tend to be attracted to partners who possess qualities that they themselves lack, and that these complementary qualities can lead to greater relationship satisfaction.

Can Complementary Associations Theory apply to other types of relationships besides romantic relationships?

Yes, Complementary Associations Theory can apply to any type of relationship, including friendships, business partnerships, and family relationships. People are often drawn to others who possess qualities that they admire or want to emulate.

Are there any limitations to Complementary Associations Theory?

While Complementary Associations Theory can explain some aspects of attraction, it does not apply to all relationships. Some people may be attracted to others who are similar to them, rather than complementary. Additionally, the theory does not account for other factors that can influence attraction, such as physical appearance or shared interests.