Complete set of answers to Schaum's Tensor Calculus

• Thread starter JTMetz
  • Start date
I am studying Schaum's Tensor Calculus by Kay. I am attempting to work through every solved problem (covering up the answers, first) and every supplementary problem. I am not a student. My day job is computational chemistry, so I can only do this in my spare time (whatever that is!).

A few questions: 1) Is there an errata webpage or document anywhere? 2) Is anyone aware of webpages or documents that have worked out answers (with some helpful commentary), especially for the supplementary problems? 3) Is there anyone out there, like me who already has, or who is in the process of working through the problems, and would like to correspond electronically, rather than pester folks via this forum?

Please note that I have attempted to contact Kay directly (he is now retired), but have received no response.

Likes chad mcelroy

Answers and Replies

TerryW
Gold Member
Hi JTMetz,

I've just come across your post more or less by accident. I have worked my way through Schaum and (I think) have done all the problems and supplementaries. I reckoned that there were loads of errors in the book, mainly bad typesetting and poor proof reading and I sent an email off to the publishers but never received a reply. I'm happy to be pestered if you are still around and interested. PF is best for communication because of the use of LaTex for all the subscripting, symbols etc.

Regards

TerryW

Vanadium 50
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
I'm afraid he was last here a decade ago.

TerryW
Gold Member
Thanks for letting me know.

Maybe my post will result in an email and perhaps inspire him to reopen his Schaum!

Regards

TerryW