1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Complex ML-inequality

1. Sep 16, 2010 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

Please give me some idea of how to solve it , Urgent. Thanks
    2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 16, 2010 #2

Mark44

Staff: Mentor

Maybe someone else here knows what you're talking about, but I don't. ML inequality doesn't ring any bells for me. A good start for you would be to fill in the information in this form - problem statement, relevant equations, and your attempt at a solution. Before anyone will give you a hand, you need to make an effort at solving your problem.

4. Sep 16, 2010 #3
    He probably means this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ML_inequality" [Broken]. Since complex line integrals are usually defined in terms of real definite integrals, look up the relevant inequality for real definite integrals.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  5. Sep 16, 2010 #4
    hey sorry I don't know how to upload the file , may I know your email address so I can send it to you ? appreciate for you help

6. Sep 16, 2010 #5
    No. Here is the relationship:

[tex]\left|\int_c f(z)dz\right|\leq ML[/tex]

where L is the length of the contour and |f(x)|<M over C. Now, can you click on that math code, look at the underlying commands to generate it, edit it for your problem, then paste it back to the forum between the tex delimiters?

7. Sep 16, 2010 #6

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Do not request e-mail addresses here on the PF. Post in the open forums.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook