Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Complex Scaling/Rotation

1. Dec 13, 2006 #1
    Could anyone tell me what complex scaling is?

Do the eigenfunctions of the complex scaled Hamiltonian form a complete basis set? Some articles say the theoretical basis of the complex scaling method has been understood well by the ABC (Aguilar-Balslev-Combes) theorm. But the ABC article of these three guys is in Commun. Math. Phys. of 1971 year (I could not get access to springerlink.com).

I am aware of that this kind of technical problems should not be brought out here. But I just could not understand this method well. Could anyone give me a simple mathematical argument why the complex scaled basis set is complete? (Or give me some internet link that prove its mathematical basis.) The help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Quantum River

Last edited: Dec 13, 2006
  2. jcsd
  3. Dec 14, 2006 #2
    Hi there - try the tutors at Brainmass.com. Very reasonable and have helped me out a lot. Lots of practise material in their library too.

LOL

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?