Compound Inequality: Acceptable Ages for US Air Force Academy

• Thread starter GLprincess02
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Inequality
In summary, the acceptable ages for a candidate for admission to the U.S. Air Force Academy are 17 years old or older, but not yet 22 years old, as of July 1 of the year they enter the academy. This can be written as the compound inequality {17 ≤ A < 22}. The extra comments and "bump, bump, bump" are unnecessary.
GLprincess02
A question on my homework reads "A candiate for admission to the U.S. Air Force Academy must be at least 17 years old but not yet 22 years old on July 1 of the year of entering the academy. Write the acceptable ages as a compound inequality."

For an answer I got: {A:17 < (or = to) A < 22}. Is this right?

Physics news on Phys.org
bump bump bump

GLprincess02 said:
A question on my homework reads "A candiate for admission to the U.S. Air Force Academy must be at least 17 years old but not yet 22 years old on July 1 of the year of entering the academy. Write the acceptable ages as a compound inequality."

For an answer I got: {A:17 < (or = to) A < 22}. Is this right?

Yes, you are correct

Great, thanks!

And cut out the "bump, bump, bump" stuff! Princess or not, people are not sitting around waiting for you to ask a question!

1. What is a compound inequality?

A compound inequality is an inequality that contains two or more individual inequalities joined by either the word "and" or "or".

2. What are the acceptable ages for the US Air Force Academy?

The acceptable ages for the US Air Force Academy are between 17 and 23 years old. This means that applicants must be at least 17 years old but not older than 23 at the time of admission.

3. Can someone outside of this age range still apply to the US Air Force Academy?

Yes, in some cases individuals outside of the acceptable age range may still apply to the US Air Force Academy. Exceptions may be made for candidates who have had prior enlisted service in the military or have extenuating circumstances.

4. Are there any other requirements besides age for admission to the US Air Force Academy?

Yes, there are other requirements for admission to the US Air Force Academy besides age. These include being a US citizen, having a high school diploma or equivalent, passing a physical fitness test, and obtaining a nomination from a member of Congress or other designated entity.

5. Can the acceptable ages for the US Air Force Academy change?

Yes, the acceptable ages for the US Air Force Academy can change. This may occur if there are changes in military needs or policies. It is important for potential applicants to regularly check the official website for the most up-to-date information.