What is the Name of B(C6F5)4 Compound?

• Thread starter zeromaxxx
  • Start date
In summary, B(C6F5)4 is a chemical compound with the chemical formula boron tetrafluorophenyl. It has a tetrahedral structure and is synthesized by reacting boron trifluoride with an excess of pentafluorobenzene in the presence of a Lewis acid catalyst. B(C6F5)4 is a white, crystalline solid with high melting and boiling points and is highly reactive as a strong Lewis acid in chemical reactions. Its primary uses include serving as a catalyst in various reactions, production of specialty materials, and as a reagent in laboratory experiments.
zeromaxxx
I was reading my book on Inorganic Chem and I came across this compound that is part of a complex: B(C6F5)4. The book didn't say what the name of the compound was. Can anyone tell me the name?

Chemistry news on Phys.org

1) What is the chemical formula for B(C6F5)4?

The chemical formula for B(C6F5)4 is boron tetrafluorophenyl.

2) What is the structure of B(C6F5)4?

B(C6F5)4 has a tetrahedral structure with the boron atom at the center and four fluorophenyl groups attached to it.

3) How is B(C6F5)4 synthesized?

B(C6F5)4 can be synthesized by reacting boron trifluoride with an excess amount of pentafluorobenzene in the presence of a Lewis acid catalyst.

4) What are the properties of B(C6F5)4?

B(C6F5)4 is a white, crystalline solid with a high melting and boiling point. It is highly reactive and can act as a strong Lewis acid in chemical reactions.

5) What are the uses of B(C6F5)4?

B(C6F5)4 is primarily used as a catalyst in various chemical reactions, including polymerization and organic synthesis. It is also used in the production of specialty materials and as a reagent in certain laboratory experiments.